What Carburetor Fits This Manifold?

-
Them Holley's are nice....but pricey!

They are pricey, but in their defense, they are a fantastic mix of economy and performance. Much like the Thermoquad with their very small primaries and big secondaries.

They are a viable alternative if you don't like the learning curve of the Thermoquad.

If it was me, I would get that thin Edelbrock spacer and run an Eddy 600.

The warping of the center section is of course from over heating.
IF you use a TQ, use the thick OE or equal gasket under it. This also applies to the Edelbrock AFB & AVS carbs. These Carter style carbs are aluminum & suck up heat and act poorly.

Your intake is a stock unit that has been modified. Do not modify it any further. DO NOT mill the center divider!

I did some poking. Not an Offy Dual-Port (though circle symbol is similar). Appears they didn't modify the plenum. It is cast-iron factory and perhaps ~71 340 (PN 3512100), asking $249 (www.ebay.com/itm/1971-340-4-Barrel-Intake-Manifold-3512100-Mopar-Plymouth-Dodge-/182042150194), or maybe Mopar Performance for W-2 heads only, asking $180 (www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Racing-Small...M-4BBL-W-2-Heads-V8-318-340-360-/222045657149). Neither is exactly the same casting, but both are close, and both are rare.

Attachments

• 71 4bbl 340.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 92
  • MP intake for W2 heads.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 90
If you want it to be more friendly with square bore carbs you will need an adapter but you should do this.... Round the edges of the divider too.

vbpgimage.php

Very rarely do TQ bodies warp, once in a great while. In the 45 years of using them, I had ONE warp. Most of the time when someone says they warped or had a cracked bowl, it is because they forgot the 2 screws under the choke plate and they either pryed it apart with a screwdriver and broke it, or beat on it with a hammer and broke it. Then when they figure out that they fucked up- they just say that it warped to save face.

-
Back