What causes my driveshaft to "jump" in this video?

-
Was just thinking about this..

If the car was on its tires, the jerking might be diferent. At present the car is supported by a jack stand infront of the spring, under the housing and one under the center of the housing.

Any of these things could change how the housing reacts.

If the car is drivable I would get a mount for your camera and take it out on the road for a short drive, watch what it does on startup and on shifts and down shifts and slowdowns.

Thanks for all the replies. The car drives fine as is, with the exception of the "whine" (which just started about three weeks ago). Next stop for my car is the shop where it's getting a transmission swap. I'll have the techs take a good look at the pinion gear while it's there.

There are chassis microphones, affixed to a clamp, think my kit has 6 clamps. Then a switchbox and headphones.
The better quality is “chassis ear”
Very useful.

Guess you can call me a back yard mechanic. I have cut several wrenches to make a specialty tool. Still have it and still use it, a spray paint can lid, drilled a hole in center, insert a rubber (clear) hose and cut the end of a large nail and installed in the other end. Use the nail as a probe and the lid to my ear to find bad bearings and such. Just a thought, with little or no costs. Got the idea from the telephone as a little tot, two cans and a string. Sure am showing my age. LOL

Thanks for all the replies. The car drives fine as is, with the exception of the "whine" (which just started about three weeks ago). Next stop for my car is the shop where it's getting a transmission swap. I'll have the techs take a good look at the pinion gear while it's there.

Please follow up on the TKX swap and what you think. Pictures too!

Not necessarily in this thread, but somewhere. Thanks!

Please follow up on the TKX swap and what you think. Pictures too!

Not necessarily in this thread, but somewhere. Thanks!
Will do. The transmission and parts needed have been ordered. I'm hoping that everything will arrive by the end of January so my car can go into the shop for the swap.

-
Back