What Color Engine Bay?

What color?

• Total voters
-
I vote charcoal. A dark clean color will make the new engine pop, but black is too basic. I wouldn't black out the hood either.

I can imagine seeing it parked at a show or cruise, sitting with the hood up. Walking up to it, you couldn't help but wonder what he could be showing off under there to have it propped up. Anticipation would build. Then BLAM!!! That's the effect I was thinking of. A pleasant surprise hidden under it all.
Can you imagine people expressions when that whole scenario plays out and they walk up and it has a Hellcat engine in it instead of a small block? :D

I don't know why, but to me a nice gloss silver would look good with the blue.
That same thought actually crossed my mind last night as well. That blue would look really good against silver. I can understand the reasoning behind people suggesting white, easy to see, spot leaks, etc. I’m just not a big fan of white. But silver would offer those same benefits and have the added bonus of not being white. Lol

I would paint it whatever color you are eventually going to paint the car, no need to pull the engine twice.
Well, see, that’s a problem too. 1. I don’t plan on painting the car anytime within at least 5-10 years (maybe longer). And 2. When I WAS planning on painting it, the color changed almost every week!
:rofl:
so even if I was to paint it the color that I think I’d eventually paint the car, it’d change again as soon as I’d have it all back together.

I think undercoating might be kinda neat.
Of course it never mattered on any of my cars. Disconnect the PCV and let it blow underhood and you'll know what it's like to be me.

I vote charcoal. A dark clean color will make the new engine pop, but black is too basic. I wouldn't black out the hood either.
IF I do the blackout treatment, I’d experiment on another hood first to see if I can “weather” the satin black to better match the rest of the exterior. Similar to how my scoops are now.

5FAE65C1-AA5C-44AC-A33C-4F67F8E147ED.jpeg

-
Back