What color Green?

-

CowBoyRoy81

Reaction score
Hello,

I believe this is F3 Medium Green Poly. Anyone know for sure? Attached should be pics of 1971 color codes and my Dart. Almost done with the mechanicals then hopefully she's going to become my daily driver. Will start a resto thread soon.

Willie

20160328_145742.jpg

1971-dodge-pc.jpg

Also known as
"Amber Sherwood poly" Although I wonder how exactly it describes green.
Same color on my valiant, although the actual color looks lighter on the car than on the paint chart

Hey thanks Ccrussell, once I googled that I came back to this site and found similar cars. Bad Sport, no fender tag, but I appreciate the help.....

Hard to tell in the pic you posted. I may be wrong but if the vinyl top was black the green was e-7. If the vinyl top was e-7 the body color was e-3. Hope this helps

The paint you see is original, the car was a vinyl top, tore years ago and have new in trunk, my shop just got complete and cement dried so once I'm back home it's "go time." here's another photo from the day an older couple pulled out in front of me a few years ago with the paint clean and waxed. I got the insurance money but it's been a project getting it back to daily driver status.....Interior is almost immaculate so have to stick with the green exterior, just trying to match so when opening trunk/doors it matches.
Dart.jpg

Thank you much! My dad's got a 72 that his dad bought new! Due to the accident mine lost all value so I'm going to convert it to a daily driver. His is now a bright green, but originally the really light green. I want a set of rally's but going to wait until I do big bolt pattern/disc conversion after mechanical gremlins are kicked to the curb and painted.

Hello,

I believe this is F3 Medium Green Poly. Anyone know for sure? Attached should be pics of 1971 color codes and my Dart. Almost done with the mechanicals then hopefully she's going to become my daily driver. Will start a resto thread soon.

Willie

View attachment 1714942921

View attachment 1714942923

Great looking car!

And good on you for putting it back together after the accident and wanting to put it back on the road as a driver. I would love to see a build thread, and updates when you get it back on the road. Not nearly enough of these cars are used as drivers anymore, hardly ever see any out on the road. When I started daily driving my '72 Challenger 12-13 years ago I used to see some occasional A-bodies during commute times, although almost never any other E's. My '74 Duster took over full time daily duties a little over 5 years ago and since then I almost never see any 70's era mopars of any kind during the week during normal commute hours. Maybe occasionally on the weekends in the summer, but that's just car show queens out for their semi-annual trip around the block. Not real drivers.

As for the color, the chips can be deceiving. I think it's more likely your car is actually F7, the chip looks a lot darker than the cars do in person. This '71 is listed as F7...
14-4.jpg

More pictures of it here Stripped Down Stunner: Rowland George's 1971 Plymouth Road Runner - Mopar Connection Magazine | A comprehensive daily resource for Mopar enthusiast news, features and the latest Mopar tech

Vs some of these, which are F3 and lighter than your car appears...
F3 '71 Challenger Hemi car
challenger1971mediumgreen.jpg

'72 Demon on F3
3327_p8_l.jpg

More of it here - 1972 Dodge Demon -FACTORY F3 CODE-RESTORED RARE-WEST COAST-GREAT FOR CAR SHOWS-SEE VIDEO- Stock # 316SG for sale near Mundelein, IL | IL Dodge Dealer

A few more F3 cars here GF3 Duster Pics Wanted

Perhaps you would consider sparing your slightly used gem from being further diminished through daily use? There is tremendous potential for your 4th generation A Body. Make sure to check it on a frame jig for straightness.

In 1985 I purchased a 1971 Plymouth GTX 440 from my grandmother who assumed ownership following the passing of my uncle.

It was a beautiful garage stored 100% original Michigan vehicle with zero rust, and less than 20k miles. It even had the factory original Goodyear Polyglass GT tires, including the full sized spare!

Unfortunately, during the time that my grandmother had it she created door dings with her daily driver and clipped the right rear wheel well on the garage door side jamb (she had no concerns about protecting its finish).

Without question, the color of your 1971 Dodge Dart is:
DODGE/CHRYSLER/PLYMOUTH F-3 2316 AMBER SHERWOOD POLY.

Driving a car doesn't "diminish" it. Letting it rot in a garage does. Drive them, enjoy them, and fix them when they break. If you can't do that, perhaps just give up on cars and start a stamp collection.

Would you consider sparing your slightly used gem from being further diminished through daily use? There is tremendous potential for your 4th generation A Body. Make sure to check it on a frame jig for straightness.

DODGE/CHRYSLER/PLYMOUTH F-3 2316 AMBER SHERWOOD POLY

As a past owner of a 1971 Plymouth GTX 440 with the identical hue, it is unmistakable.

I would strongly suggest that you utilize a frame rack to ensure that the frame and front suspension components are structurally uncompromised.

Would you consider sparing your slightly used gem from being further diminished through daily use? There is tremendous potential for your 4th generation A Body. Make sure to check it on a frame jig for straightness.

DODGE/CHRYSLER/PLYMOUTH F-3 2316 AMBER SHERWOOD POLY

As a past owner of a 1971 Plymouth GTX 440 with the identical hue, it is unmistakable.

I would strongly suggest that you utilize a frame rack to ensure that the frame and front suspension components are structurally uncompromised.

Deleted and re-posted eh? Still got you quoted.

Sorry for the post revival guys, it wasn't me, but I should've checked the original post.

My apologies. It was not my intention to upset anyone, nor you specifically. My comment was meant to illustrate deep admiration due transportation of domestic origin.

Respectfully, I NEVER mentioned "Letting it rot in a garage", only daily use.

As a business owner since June 1984 and a retired Project Engineer & Tier 1 Supplier of industrial automation, I have designed, engineered to my customers' part print specifications. Occasionally tolerances requiring 0.0001 inch/0.00254 millimeter in climate controlled environs with 20 second cycle times. 90~100 hours weeks have been my standard fare for several decades.

Drive them, enjoy them, and fix them when they break, aye. Nothing is more exciting to me.

However, may I suggest you be less prone to disparaging others, considering that their scope of knowledge and experience may well eclipse your own?

Incidentally, I do also collect first-day covers, rare precious metal coins, and wine from around the globe.

-
Back