what color should i paint my hood

What color for my aar 6 pack hood

• curious yellow

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • black out treatment

Votes: 163 91.1%

• Total voters
-
This is how my car was painted when i bought it, i like the look and want to paint it yellow or green with the same black areas.

Duster.jpg

Just got fiberglass 6 pac hood for 71 Demon....was going to match the paint...but after looking at these...I am going Black ...

Blackout hood with "416 STROKER" decal and color is Curious Yellow

IMG_0863.JPG

i like them both ways. personally i would like the factory style black out treatment over the full black hood.

1971_plymouth_duster_340.JPG

72_duster.jpg

I would paint it yellow to match the rest of the car. The black out hood treatment takes away from the rest of the car in my opinion. If you have a hood scoop than maybe paint just the scoop satin or matte black. To me when the hood is painted black it makes it look you ran out of paint and said **** :banghead: it I'll just paint it black.

I would paint it yellow to match the rest of the car. The black out hood treatment takes away from the rest of the car in my opinion. If you have a hood scoop than maybe paint just the scoop satin or matte black. To me when the hood is painted black it makes it look you ran out of paint and said **** :banghead: it I'll just paint it black.

LOL, nice one.

I like them both ways , mine was flat black before I had the whole car painted.

Back when I bought this hood in 1983 no one piece six pack hoods were available so you had to mount the scoop to the hood

Attachments

• 100_0173.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 100_0320.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 166
Very nice car, do it a favor, IMO, Get a one piece FG hood with scoop.
I will look much better.
UP22.com

I like them both ways but I'd probably go with black if I ever put one on my Duster.

Steve

back in 80's I had a few AAR, TA's back when things were relatively cheap. they had a textured flat black hood. used to could get that color ( called organisol ( or organsol?) black, seems PPG had it. I hear its hard to get now and stupid high.
I like the flattish black hood on some colors, not all. just me...

unless you're painting the entire car, isn't black the obvious option then? With a bright yellow color, seems matching it would be fun.

One thing you could do is paint it body color to see how you like it.. If you'd like to see how the black would look you could plastidip it.. If you ever change your mind just peel the plastidip off.. Just a thought..

-
Back