What color to paint my dart?

What color to paint my dart?

• Total voters
-
If this will be the first time doing body and paint I would not paint it silver.I would suggest practice painting the silver first.....

Just so you know too.....silver is one of the worst colors to hold up against UV light. It's a fact. It fades worse than any other color.

Just so you know too.....silver is one of the worst colors to hold up against UV light. It's a fact. It fades worse than any other color.
True, silver does fade a lot however the UV inhibitors in any good clear will make it last a whole lot longer than it used to. Plus, how much time will any of these cars really spend in the harsh sunlight? It's not as if they are daily drivers anymore...

IIRC - Red is actually the worst color for fading...

silver all the way !
otherwise it's just another green dart, seriously it seems like everyone in the world has a green dart, there are other colors you know people, a couple of green darts are cool, a million of them get boring fast

I dont know if anyone else thought of this and I am sure it would cost alot, but you could paint the car green, have the hood blacked out and have the silver as an AAR style strype where its solid then starts to break past the doors.
Just my alternate opinion, no one else would have anything like it so it would def stand out even more.

thanks. I chose it. without a doubt in my mind that I wanted the green. but now i'm having second thoughts a little bit. it was very affordable paint through summit racing..

I have seen a few reviews that said that paint is junk and one picture that the paint looked horrible in.

but I don't know anyone personally that has used it.

I am sure its not the best paint around but alot of the finish result relies on the body work and who/how its painted

Thanks for that. I have a feeling I'm going with my original decision to go with the sour apple green metallic

Not trying to discourage you. Paint what YOU will be happy with. But here's somethin to think about. ...and not sayin silver doesn't look good. It looks great on some stuff. But, when you look around, how many silver, bronze, smoke, taupe, gold, and so on kinda cars do you see nowadays? A boatload. It's just gotten so that cars today are sooooo drab and sooooo alike. My wife is always talkin about it. Leave it to a woman to make a good point about color. lol I like the green idea, because I like COLOR and I like green. The silvers and all the other colors I mentioned above are sorta neutral. To me.....sorta boring. But again, think for yourself man. Paint it the color that would make YOU happiest. ...and if that really means doo doo brown, then to hell with what anybody else thinks. lol I think you get my drift.

DooDOO brown...HEY! That's House of Kolor DDB2561 isnt it?

(KIDDING!)

He sure did alot of work on that duster, came out looking sharp to.....and I love the color.....onlything i slightly dislike is that in certain light that color kind of "hides" body lines ......but still, cool color.

Not a big fan of either color. my .02

What color is the interior ?

be carefull spraying any light colored metallic both colors look good

the door panels are brand new black ones. the carpet and dash are tan. and will be installing new aftermarket bucket seats(not sure of color yet. probably black). i'm the sort of person who cares more about functionality, rather than how pretty the car will look though. as long as its all a uniform color, and looks decent, i'll be happy. it doesnt matter to me that the interior wont be matching.

be carefull spraying any light colored metallic both colors look good
why should I be careful? more specifically, is there something in particular that I should be careful about?

paining tomorrow! finished most prep work today. doing final wash tomorrow and them painting the dart sour apple green metallic. I'll be sure to post pictures.

this is my first paintjob, and I can not even describe how excited I am...

Looks good!

always feels better when you do the job yourself.

good job man

-
Back