what did i buy???????????????

-

78kitcar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what i bought....i thought i was buying a rally dash for my 70 dart but after showing it off i was told it was for 71-72 i was also told it was for 70 only so I'll leave it to the experts since i dont no! Thanks guys

Oh one more thing someone give me a value of this piece.Nothings broken or chipped and the wire harrness is complete and in good shape(no cracked or burned wires)

THANKS
Mike

Picture 135.jpg

Picture 133.jpg

The 67 stands alone with all of its differences. 68 and up are pretty much the same . Only difference I'm aware of is the hazard flasher switch moved to the steering column. 1970 I think.
I'm not sure of the final year for the thumb wheel radio.

I have seen them go as high as $500 with tach. Oh wait, that's what I paid for mine with a rusted out dash. :angry7:

Last pic is after I referbed it.

DSC00013 (Custom).JPG

DSC00020 (Custom).JPG

DSC00018 (Custom).JPG

DSC00022 (Custom).JPG

Looks like my 70 dash except for mine does not have the cigarette lighter in the dash. My car has the lighter in the ashtray.

That is a 1970 Rally Dash............Same as mine is along with the cigarette lighter in the same place....

Looks like my 70 also... With thumb wheel radio ... Very nice looking dash.... I would bet on E-bay you would pay well over $400.00 for that dash...

Thats strange. Wonder whats up with my dash. Was there an option to move the lighter to the ashtray?

Homecloned,you redid that yourself NICE work my man:thumrigh::thumrigh:

Thats strange. Wonder whats up with my dash. Was there an option to move the lighter to the ashtray?

The 68 model had those lower dash pads and the contour of the ashtray was matched to them. Then the lighter wouldn't go in or out. So they moved the lighter up unto the dash bezel. To my knowledge the lighter never left the dash again during the run of the rallye dash.
So the lower pads left, the ash tray changed back and a lighter went back in there. If you had a lighter in the console, 3 total in the front and never one in the back.
Yours may be a 67 bezel or someone deleted that lighter during restore.

Is there a stand off, upper right location on front, on the rear for the flasher switch?

It could be a 68-69 panel fixed up to look like a 70.

I saw a guy looking at what he thought was a 71 dash and it was a 67 rallye dash that had been reworked.

Thanks guys!!!
Homecloned, VERY nice work!care to share where you got your materials,woodgrain decal and paint you used?
Anyone have a rally dash frame for sale???????

The 68 model had those lower dash pads and the contour of the ashtray was matched to them. Then the lighter wouldn't go in or out. So they moved the lighter up unto the dash bezel. To my knowledge the lighter never left the dash again during the run of the rallye dash.
So the lower pads left, the ash tray changed back and a lighter went back in there. If you had a lighter in the console, 3 total in the front and never one in the back.
Yours may be a 67 bezel or someone deleted that lighter during restore.

Thanks for the info.

Mike ... that thing looks good if you do not want it i am sure my 71 dart will. LOL got any more pics of my old dart wait your dart now...... i got a new one....LOL

-
Back