What did you order for your car today ?

-
Well it wasn’t today but I bought and received 2.08 valves for my TrickFlow heads last week. Tomorrow I will be order this to help ease the job of leveling a head in my valve seat grinder
818C536B-7E90-4859-B424-EF6DBEF249E6.jpeg
1F763BBB-FE28-4C41-B205-6DE1C320F6A3.png

1 gallon of PPG CRE-X21 epoxy primer from Car Quest and an alternator from Rock Auto.
Exciting stuff!

1 gallon of PPG CRE-X21 epoxy primer from Car Quest and an alternator from Rock Auto.
Exciting stuff!

I will be needing some epoxy primer myself here pretty soon. I left a few spots on my 2006 Dodge Ram go for to long and now I have a major project

Just a small group of parts for my blower build. Maybe next month ill get some more. Maybe not. Lol.

EE2CA197-B15A-4DC0-80EF-78DC36803B08.png

676D9A5E-D068-4087-8221-94A5EADEF2CE.png

64FF11D7-5903-49B0-B155-F75D80AD39AF.png

Lotsa stuff... Gonna be taking a drive & wanna make sure the car is up to it...

Just received an MSD ready to run distributor and COMP Cams Pro Magnum Roller Rocker Arms.

7BA06304-26D6-4F1A-A6A8-9CDA8E460D31.jpeg
AC72C6F1-6EE6-443C-8DB6-CE7C49A65611.jpeg

This. Supposedly replaces the lower column bearing
View attachment 1715977882
I have 67 column and had to bush that puppy to get it to fit. 67 has a larger tube though. You can see I split the bushing to make it fit. A couple of set screws should do it.

gallon of red line diff oil, diff oil drain kit, small block K to BB engine mounts.

20220901_052116.jpg

2005 Ram diesel - heater core, ac evaporator, blend door. And if that isn't a big enough job, also ordered a new 2 piece exhaust manifold, gaskets and stud kit because the original cracked and broke a bolt off in the head while on vacation.

Hood mounted turn signal wire retainers.

I have never seen those before. Can you tell me where you found them? I'd be curious if they were used on later A bodies. (1971) Thanks.

I got these from AMS Obsolete, the former Mitchell Motor Parts. They have a couple other businesses under their umbrella, including Herb's parts and Charger Specialties. I got them off Ebay, didn't see them on their webpage. There aren't any more listed. I may have gotten the last of them. Or call them and ask. I've had good luck with them on the phone.
NEW Replacement 1969 Plymouth Barracuda 'Cuda Hood Turn Signal Wire Clip Set | eBay
AMS Obsolete Home Page (amsnos.com)

Classic Industries lists them as out of stock/obsolete.

Available here:
1201013 WIRE RETAINER HOOD WIRES, ENGINE & ENGINE BAY, 1201013 :Mopar Fasteners, Clips & Hardware (rtspecialties.net)

I don't know if they were used on later A-Bodies. I can't find a picture or part number anywhere in the manuals. From what I can tell, they were used to hold the hood mounted turn signal wires to the firewall and underside of the hood.

Last edited:
New distributor, car currently has a Pertronix (I think) and the vacuum advance isn't working so I'm changing over the OEM electronic ignition.
224850171562.02.jpg

I think I exposed a rabbit hole.

Alan

I got these from AMS Obsolete, the former Mitchell Motor Parts. They have a couple other businesses under their umbrella, including Herb's parts and Charger Specialties. I got them off Ebay, didn't see them on their webpage. There aren't any more listed. I may have gotten the last of them. Or call them and ask. I've had good luck with them on the phone.
NEW Replacement 1969 Plymouth Barracuda 'Cuda Hood Turn Signal Wire Clip Set | eBay
AMS Obsolete Home Page (amsnos.com)

Classic Industries lists them as out of stock/obsolete.

Available here:
1201013 WIRE RETAINER HOOD WIRES, ENGINE & ENGINE BAY, 1201013 :Mopar Fasteners, Clips & Hardware (rtspecialties.net)

I don't know if they were used on later A-Bodies. I can't find a picture or part number anywhere in the manuals. From what I can tell, they were used to hold the hood mounted turn signals to the firewall and underside of the hood.

Thank you for the links. I will check into this and see what years they were used for. Thank you again! Lou
Thank you for

Thank you for the links. I will check into this and see what years they were used for. Thank you again! Lou
Thank you for
I believe only the Barracuda had hood mounted indicators and used those clips. Other models and later years had fender mounted indicators and didn't need the clips.

2005 Ram diesel - heater core, ac evaporator, blend door. And if that isn't a big enough job, also ordered a new 2 piece exhaust manifold, gaskets and stud kit because the original cracked and broke a bolt off in the head while on vacation.
That is a big job. I had to do that job twice on my 06, which is a bit more difficult than doing a 2003-2005. I had to pull the entire dash out (have to on an 06) to replace my doors and then about two years later had to do it again to do the evap coil.

-
Back