What dizzy are you running

-

65TerrorCuda

Reaction score
What boost and curve are you running on your setup, and did you keep the vacuum advance?

Currently I have a 18 initial, 34 total advance on mine, stock dizzy and vacuum disconnected. It is a pain in the *** to get it to idle unless it has the vacuum connected, but then I can't drive it like that :banghead:

4-71 blower BTW

I am running A MSD setup with a 6-71 on a 340. I have the timing locked at 28 degrees right now as I play with how much boost I can safely use. I may turn the wick up a little this summer. Mine idles fine.

Jack

I'm running MSD locked at 28* with a digital 7 box pulling 1.5 per lb of boost at the time have not tuned the car yet I plan on 32* but I'm going to run meth injection!

I am running a msd with the msd 6-btm on a 6-71 @ 28* timing 7-8 psi boost, car idles and runs fine

What boost and curve are you running on your setup, and did you keep the vacuum advance?

Currently I have a 18 initial, 34 total advance on mine, stock dizzy and vacuum disconnected. It is a pain in the *** to get it to idle unless it has the vacuum connected, but then I can't drive it like that :banghead:

4-71 blower BTW

I use a Lean Burn system distributor that has NO vacuum diaphragm and NO centrifugal mechanism of any kind; it's basically a locked plate, and I set the timing at 18 degrees before TDC....

I use an MSD 6-AL digital with no programmable features, so the only timing my engine ever sees is 18 degrees of advance. It starts immediately, usually on the first HIT, and idles smoothly (due to the cam, which has virtually no overlap and 115-degrees of lobe separation,) and excellent drivability on the road. Power under boost is very good, so... we don't need no steekin' spark advance curve..... I guess. Go figure...

It's a 225 slant six with an intercooled turbo with ten pounds of boost, so far, with more (boost) planned in the future.
:wack:

Attachments

• js640_turboside.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 228
  • js640_turbofront.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 202
Thanks guys,
I had a monster vacuum leak that was spoiling my fun.
Amazing difference in idle.
Drove her and discovered the carb linkage was too close to the hood...
Throttle locked wfo when the engine torqued into the hood :eek:ops:

Nice setup Bill!

Thanks guys,
I had a monster vacuum leak that was spoiling my fun.
Amazing difference in idle.
Drove her and discovered the carb linkage was too close to the hood...
Throttle locked wfo when the engine torqued into the hood :eek:ops:

Nice setup Bill!

Thanks for the kind words! I should FINALLY have this bucket of bolts on a drag strip within a couple of weeks. Then we'll see if alll this mechanical mayhem was worth the effort...

Cross your fingers... :cheers:

:glasses7:
Even at 5psi this thing is nuts. Should blow all the dust off from sitting for 3 years

Oh, if you like five pounds, you're gonna LOVE ten pounds!!!! :cheers:

Just watch that A/F ratio and the total timing; 18 degrees is PLENTY!:glasses7:

-
Back