What do I do, I cant get rid of the parts. Need the money??????

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
baby_crying.gif

Something to keep in mind is much of buying and selling parts is pure luck. Also how nice the parts look can make a difference.

If you actually want to sell something, price it accordingly. Otherwise play the waiting game and quit crying.

My problem is the same as I cannot communicate with persons who want everything at 10% its value and this is why I am the way I act. I don't put up with morons anymore then I put up with Moronogonians

This brings up a good point.
Who is the bigger moron: The serious guy with cash in his pocket that sends a lowball offer on everything and likes to deal and ends up getting 10% (probably a lot higher lately) of the parts he makes an offer on -or- the guy who keeps his price higher then the going rates and because he knows what his parts are worth only to eventually take them to their grave, sell them dirt cheap, or scrapping them later on?!?!

My opinion...and it's probably worth what you're paying for it...is...I'd rather sell that 383 alum. intake for $whatever, rather than get $5-10 scrap price...gotta be more money in your pocket selling it than scrap price!

Everything I've scrapped lately, I've tried to give away locally AND here. No one bit. Not one damn soul. I even sent old RICK3658 up there a good deal on the slant exhaust manifold he asked about right HERE in THIS thread......I didn't even get an acknowledgement. Hell, I figured at the very least he wouldda asked me if I couldda done any better.....and I would have because sellin it to somebody instead of scrappin it is always better. It was a damn nice manifold too. Heat riser worked free as a bird with no slop at all. Oh well.

I've lost my A$$ on everything I've sold over the past year or so. Even ended up paying someone to take a set of heads because one got lost in shipping and I didn't insure it, so I had to suck it up to replace the lost one.

I figure if its not a rare part i will do good to get .25 on the dollar what it costs new if its used. if i get more i,m happy then.

I sympathize with everyone here, my deal is finding what I need more so than what it's selling for. Always a day late for me, "aw man I just sold/junked/gave it away cause I've been having it for sale for xx months and couldn't move it. The junk yards here are totally depleted of useful Mopar stuff. Pre 70 A body and pre 67 B body stuff used, fuggetaboutit!

Yoi guys are lucky..you actually can buy parts locally....
Thats funny, the last 2 parts I bought came from Canada! too bad for me the CA buck is about $1.25 nowdays.
Great time to buy, krazycuda is on a buying spree for a fleet of Mopars. Seems intakes are a gamble, sometimes you got a winner, other times you got a "keeper". Nice thing about them is they never wear out.

No, I'll scrap the thing and take pics of it layin in the scrap pile with all the rest of my load and post um on here. somebody Shouldda bought the damned thing. Not like I wanted a mint for it. Bein on disability, I need the money. I ain't sellin it for 12 bucks. Too bad DarTT ain't buildin a big block, I would give it to him....but i've already given him a small block Edelbrock intake. GAVE. See? It ain't like I don't try to help people. But when I need help, it's all too hell with my ***.

Somebody needs a hug.....

yup...times are tough...for sure...lately I cant give stuff away...wish i could ship but dont have the time...like others here...when I want something...it costs me a fortune...and when I sell I lose my shirt...just venting...but if you could use a couple decent duster hoods or a 70 duster trunklid...rustfree w/cutouts for spoiler...give me a shout..not even looking to get rich...just want to further someones project and clean out stuff i no longer need...my personal "pay it forward"...so to speak...

If you can and are willing to walk to the post office, there are a lot of people in Australia that would buy your parts.
Try listing them on www.moparmarket.com
I have been spending alot with summit lately. It only takes 5-7 days to receive parcels from the states.
As you can imagine, there are no bigblock parts here because there were no cars sold out here with them.

Cheers
Dave

Thanks guys, good info. I did tear down the car finally..made of bondo..rust holes that I can stick my hand through and touch the seats. Good lord she is fighting me. I also found some spiders in the fenders...huge things...ick. but I have almost got her sanded down to bare steel. :)

don't feel bad, I offered up an entire slant six and 904 transmission that came out of a good running car for free on here and not even one email.......go figure. I even have the drive shaft and radiator to go with it.

don't feel bad, I offered up an entire slant six and 904 transmission that came out of a good running car for free on here and not even one email.......go figure. I even have the drive shaft and radiator to go with it.

That's where my problem comes in !!! Interested in the motor,but shipping is out of the question !Everything always just out of reach !!I'd love to have a motor and tranny to put on a stand and build while still driving around in my Dart !![-o<

Set it up for slow moving parts or where seller is just trying to lighten the parts there holding maybe left over from upgrading?.
I would place in my ad that I'm open for barter, we have a nice community here and people that are not working on super rare number correct cars and not looking for high dollar parts for there rare care have a place to go for maintenance parts etc for there slant or 318 standard mopar
We are the buyers and the sellers in this community since supply and demand are not part of this equation.
I would like to find another head to rework(73 or newer for my driver Signet as well as another exhaust manifold and cam upgrade to do the dutra duals.
and I have parts to trade and will barter so dont toss MY PARTS...LOL
look at it this way "One way or another" this is a good time to get parts!

I am on disability too so this is the only way I can keep my cars going to be creative is to prosper!
long live mopar
67Signet

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back