What do I use to stick a "plymouth" script?

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Ok, Here's my question.... I purchased a "Plymouth" script for my trunk and received it in the mail today. The backing paper is still attached to the emblem and I can remove the paper but the glue which was applied to the backing is long since dried up and does not stick. So what could I use to apply to the backing to stick this to my car without making a mess and also what glue/adhesive would stand up over the test of time? I do not want to try to attempt to use double sided sticky tape as this would be very labor intensive to try to remove the old backing and cut out a new one from the double sided tape.

Go to a body shop and ask them to sell you a piece of double sided tape they use for attaching emblems to vehicles, get it as wide as the emblem itself and cut it using either scissors or an X-acto knife to match the emblem.

Hope this helps :)

Cleaning squeezed out glue could be very labor intensive8) If your determined to go the glue route, I`d say a clear silicone adheasive, and possibly denatured alchol would clean any excess. You could test on a spot, say, under the trunk paint.

I do not want to try to attempt to use double sided sticky tape as this would be very labor intensive to try to remove the old backing and cut out a new one from the double sided tape.

It's your easiest option lol!

I would suggest the 3M double sided tape.

BUT since you mentioned you would rather not.

regular old black permatex silicone does and AWESOME job at sticking emblems down......only problem is, I hope you would have no plans of removing said badge in the future because once its on......its on LOL.

I used this method putting emblems on my recently painted car a few years back and then some time later decided I wanted to use a different set of emblems and when I tried to pull them off they wouldnt budge...after MUCH persuasion they finally came off......but......they took my paint with them .... DOAH:angry7:

It already has sticky on it? but dried up? Dab the sticky with laquer thinner and let it stand for a bit to livin it up then stick it where you want. I think you'll be happy.
Small Block

Easy to do with double-sided tape. Peel one side only and stick your emblem down to it. Put the emblem paper-side down on a sheet of glass or other flat hard surface and use a brand new X-acto blade to trim the extra tape/paper away. Peel the remaining paper from the tape to reveal the sticky and attach to your car.
Simple and neat! Not too labor intensive.

Napa sells trim adheseve for auto emblems. it comes in a tube and works very well, but use it spareingly!

I wouldn't use any silicones. If not using tape, pick up some 3M Trim/Emblem adhesive.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/3M-03601-Plastic-Emblem-Adhesive/dp/B000CCM3J2"]Amazon.com: 3M 03601 Plastic Emblem and Trim Adhesive: Automotive[/ame]

expensive but this is the best stuff around I love it

Attachments

• 3M.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 91
-
Back