What Do Think Cerebus Should Do To Help Set Chrysler Apart From The Dogs.....

-

WONTGETDUSTED

CRACKED-OUT MOPAR TECH JUNKY
Reaction score
I Say Bring Plymouth Back As A Souly Performance Orentented Company. Develop A Good Ill More 2 Dr Coupes In Several Different Platforms Ie; The Challenger(maybe Keep It A Dodge),like It Or Not The New Demon,something To Stompete(not Compete) With The Scion Tc, Chevy Cobalt,honda Civic, And Hyundai Tibuiron.build Something To Compete With The Wrx's And Evolution Besides The Caliber!.bring Back The Cuda (revamped And Updated Of Corse) Give Them A Clear Horsepower Edge And Start A Ad Campiagn Titled "weapons Of Choice" Staring The Challenger And The Cuda (and Others Vs. The New Camaro And Mustang And The Import Stuff) What Do You Guys Say?

I'm sure we would all like to see them return to glory like the performance era, myself included.

The future for performance V8 vehicles doesn't look so good. Gas guzzler taxes just came to Canada too. Peformance V8 vehicles will be a smaller market, I'm afraid. Chrysler planned on reviving the Imperial, but gas prices & taxes killed that idea. It would have been a luxury vehicle larger than the 300.

Chrysler recently signed a deal with Chery Motors of China to import small economy vehicles. I think you'll see a shift to smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles.

The Challenger still is a go, thank goodness.

A protype Demon was posted somewhere (maybe here).

Maybe they'll switch to turbo 4 cylinder vehicles to get around the gas guzzler laws & still have performance.

Oh..the Caliber is supposed to have an SRT version, but there's been delays.

Cerberus was the hound of Hades, a monstrous three-headed called a hellhound. Cerberus guarded the gate to Hades and ensured that spirits of the dead could enter, but none could exit.

If Chrysler is going to succeed, it will build vehicles that will appeal to the masses; that means efficient, reliable vehicles. Look at the successful car companies out there now.... Toyota and Honda. They build the odd niche vehicle (S2000, NSX, FJ Cruiser, SC) but the majority of them are 4 door cars that have average power.

But Look At Chrysler's Line.... The Caliber And The Sebring And What Else ? Personally I Dont Care For The Caliber's Looks And Yes I Know There Is Need For Fuel Efficent Vehicles But Where Are They? If Cerebus Is Smart They Will Bring These On Line Quickly. I Still Think The Imperial Would Work Against Things Like The Bentley's And Such If Marketed Correctly(say Hand Built) And I See The Viper Becoming More And More Dated As A Supercar..the V10's Design Is Becoming Outdated Also..but It Would Take Lots O'cash To Build A All Aluminum Supercharged Hemi...but What About The 03' Cobras,ford Hit The Nail On The Head With Those They Are A Supercar For The Masses...strong Motor And Drivetrain And Under Tuned To Skimp By The Gas Guzzler Tax But Easily Capable Of The Vipers Output With Factory And Aftermarket Bolt-ons....but I Guess A Viper Is More Of A Status Symbol ....but If The Company Dosent Make A Lot Of Cash Off Of Them Then Who Cares....

Chryslers current models are set for 5 years after that it is going to be total changed as long as Nardelli it CEO. This guy is a slice and dice CEO. He is Home Depots ex CEO. Remember when Chrysler killed all of there rear wheel drive cars and went to cheap FWD cars? It was a boring car company but it was very profitable, I see that happening again.

Chuck

IMO they should bring Plymouth back as their econo-box division with the exception of doing a Cuda version of the new Chally, bring the Neon back or build something new in that class, redesign the Sebring (Daimler screwed that car up bad) and build the concept Demon (even though I dont like it) to compete with the Miata, S2000, Saturn Sky, etc. Dodge should be the Performance and truck division and Chrysler the high end division and add a full size SUV to compete with the Tahoe, Escalade, etc. If they did all of those things, they would have just as competitive lineup as any other, plus they should extend the new lifetime drivetrain warranty to everything, not just Jeep. After all, big warranties saved Hyundai, they cant do anything but help Chrysler. Oh, and theyve gotta cut that medical/pension plan to become profitable.

and Chrysler the high end division and add a full size SUV to compete with the Tahoe, Escalade, etc

WHAT IS THE POOR SELLING ASPEN AND COMMANDER?

and Chrysler the high end division and add a full size SUV to compete with the Tahoe, Escalade, etc

WHAT IS THE POOR SELLING ASPEN AND COMMANDER?

The Aspen is midsize, same as a Durango. The commander isnt much bigger than a Grand Cherokee and is alot more expensive. They need a real full size SUV based on the Ram. How many Tahoes, Escalades, Avalanche and Expeditions do you see running around? I see tons of them!

Chrysler got caught with their pants down again. They were pushing the Hemi when gas prices skyrocketed. They only have the Caliber as an economy vehicle. They also have too many vehicles that look like the Cherokee.

The Charger/300/Magnum SRT's give good performance. The problem is with about 10MPG city, people are rethinking it. The Gas Guzzler tax adds on average $3,000 to the sticker price here in Canada, I've heard.

That said, all of the Big 3 are in trouble.

first: make all Chrysler vehicles E-85 compatible... I believe this would really help sell cars even if the owner does not use the alternate fuel! People like choice!
Sell America that Chrysler made vehicles are dependable cars! The big three have lost support of american consumers. Also some americans feel special driving a foreign made car... It seems to me it makes some feel they have money... American cars are the blue collar vehicle now it seems... These yuppies like driving thier little Honda's and toyota's around living in the burbs feeling special and neck-deep in debt.
The yup's buy these toyota's and Honda's because of an image... what makes a cheap yuppie? Ford Focus or a similar priced Honda/toyota.

The performance cars will sell them selfs... The Viper I am sure has helped sell many neons with stripes!

I like the idea of bringing back Plymouth... Sell a nice performance model Cuda on the Challenger platform, and then build many good on gas 4cyl cars with stripes and use the Cuda to sell them! The GTX name would make a great name for a 4cyl performance option compact car!

sounds great.....and yes a full size surburban fighter sounds like a good idea and i remember seeing in the pages of something a couple of years back about some spy shots of one in development but for some reason mother dumped the idea apparently. but i dont see a whole lot of people continuing to buy them for the simple fact of the reality of fuel prices never going to be cheap again like 10 years ago.maybe i'm wrong but ford and chevy have a huge share in that market and they're not doing any better than chrysler...and have to cut prices like mad to move them still = equals no profit
i still think bringing back plymouth back to do battle with import line is there
best way to handle things they can completly set up as a revamped new line if nessary and then if it bombs kill it off again....not hurting the core companies rep. or sales and no long period loss other than the money invested...i dont know. i wish somebody who made big bucks in marketing would chime in with a magical answer.....

I just read on another Mopar web site that there has been questions asked of Chrysler about a "Chrysler Cuda" and the answer was not "NO"!!! In fact it lead one to believe that a concept would be visible sometime this year!
We shall see. I will post that site when I get to my computer at home so all can read.
What disturbs me most is the "Cerbs" putting the pinhead from Home Depot at the helm! I am concerned about his attitude!

They should redo the very lame charger and make it look exactly like a '68 so I can stop looking for an original one :)

Yes.
And now for my rant on the Challenger because of the Plymouth comments in this thread.
Even before the new Challenger showed it’s deformed face, I like many others, thought the Cuda should be re-introduced. (There, I said it. The old Challenger front end didn’t need to be screwed with. To me the new one looks like something from Pixar’s “Cars”. The thing is grinning at you.)
Even if they wouldn’t make gobs of money off it, a re-introduced Cuda would be a good marquee car.
(It’s all about money anyway)
But I would buy one IF it was priced like the original one according to inflation and comparable cars. In other words not priced like a Viper.
The “pony car” E bodies lend themselves better to “modernization” (smaller to begin with). I hate to say it but Ford got it right with the new Mustang.
And I can envision a Barracuda marketing campaign:
The opening bars of Heart’s “Barracuda” and on a black screen the white words: “Because once was not enough.”
They could even use the Plymouth Heart.
Don’t change the car’s lines. You can’t improve them. Do what is necessary for government regulations and that’s it. A new drive train should be easy
The new Hemi is almost a drop in

What will happen to Chrysler?
Well, I think you know what I figure.
Hope I'm wrong.

i agree with you on the fact the challenger and cuda should be competively prices to the mustang and camaro. when i finally by a new car i would like it to be a cuda or challenger but not at hyped up viper like prices..i understand money is key but CHIRST! build them to order as they are ordered dont resrict the ****..let the the big money guys get the big money ones and sell the racer types get there stripped down no nav havin' street cars......

Here is the site I saw the stuff about the "Chrysler Cuda" on

www.stockmopar.com

Click "Mopar Muscle Cars" in the top left corner and click the Cuda line under "plymouth" on the drop down menu.
Some interesting Rumor here...eh?

Wow, heavy topic. The auto industry is one of those fickle things.

Pontiac Aztec (Ugly as sin,fairly fuel efficient , utility vehicle)= couldn't give em away.

Honda element (Ugly as sin,fairly fuel efficient , utility vehicle)= 5 of them at every light.

IMHO the key is being able to give the populous what they want(or convince them that the car available is what they want), but add development time, market research and big wigs that cant see past their own wallets and that becomes almost an impossible task.

Lets face it, we here are still a minority among a slowly(*) growing set of old car fans. (* slowly in comparison to the chopper craze).
AND we are almost impossible to please when it comes to new cars.

whew, I could go on.... but that said I'm just going sit back and see what comes of it... you never know maybe we'll see something that comes out and be like ... wow why didn't they have that when I was a kid?

personally I'm still waiting for a mag-lev car. ( like something from bladerunner!!!) :)

Darn it!
I left out the obvious.
Reintroduce the A body Dart. It was ahead of its time both in its “small” size and advanced torsion bar front end.
With a new Hemi drive train think of the mileage and performance possible.
It could be a wicked car
Fuel injection and over drive too! Think of the possibilities.
My head is spinning.
If they looked just like the originals (chrome bumpers please) and were cost competitive I think I know where they could sell 5000 right off the bat.
You wouldn’t have to convince SOME people they wanted them.
Ok. I’ll go back to the real world now.

personally, chrysler does not make a car now that i would waste my time even test driving. i cant afford a viper, which is the only car they make that is even close to cool looking. a 4 door wrangler? give me a f ing break!! im going to be buying something in the next couple of years, and from what i see now its either going to be a mustang or a volvo. ive got a little money to spend amd if they dont have what i want ill find some one who does.
AND, i really dont give a **** about getting 30 mpg, 10-15 is ok with me!

THAT is the BEST idea I've seen yet!!!!!
I'll take two, one B-5 Blue and one F-8 Green...both with vinyl tops and stripes!!!!
Every time I drive my hemi Charger I think about how cool my Dart would be with todays technology and that 5.7 hemi in it....WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

Yawl go ahead and buy the new cars .I,ll save my money for classics. I dont care what people think of me. i dont need a status symbol car. I,ll keep driving my pos ranger. when i want a car to stimulate me i,ll pull out my 66 or 69. new cars bore me.

Let me do my best Jimmy Stewart impression.

“Here’s the problem. Most people don’t have the time to find a classic A body and get it road worthy. Even if they did, there are only so many to go around. Now, it’s true that new cars are boring. That’s why the advertisements try to make them look exciting. But if people could buy a brand new A-body, well who wouldn't want to drive a nice Dart everyday if they could? Don’t ya see?”

And that my friends would be what is known as an “instant classic”. (IMO)
Some of us don’t drive status symbols now. Unless a Duster is considered a status symbol. LOL

-
Back