what do you do for a living?

-
Hello, You'll have to speak to my wife "LaurieFSU" because she holds all the degrees you seek. I'm sure she would answer any questions and/or concerns you might have. MMG

thanks for the reference. I just started the second half or professional semester (kinda like a pre student teaching) today. and ill have my one special ed placement in 6 weeks. then student teaching next semester and hopefully graduating so i can start payin back debt and buildin my cuda :)

mtandrew asked me to post up in this thread...

These days all my work is Internet related. I do SEO (search engine optimization) for small businesses, commercial photography for websites, and run a forum of my own which has over 150,000 registered members.

mazda.jpg

Rt69.gif

ttanimation.gif

wheels_type.jpg

rhino_angle.jpg

main_photo.gif

logo.gif

1969_gto_judge_sml.jpg

serious_banner1.jpg

anifilmstrip.gif

its hard to explane i run forestry heavy equipment i found some vids on you tube of a few machines i run im not the one operating but you get a pretty good idieasome of these are prettty good friends of mine tho

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSobPytu7ck"]YouTube - tigercat 822 feller buncher[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIsF_qycmBQ"]YouTube - TIMCO[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzY2k9izrJU"]YouTube - Combo bucheuse[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7VTtgqZjV0&feature=related"]YouTube - Timberjack 1710D/ALS[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/user/AllanTardif#p/u/23/sNEAz82m1zc

Right now I'm managing a small automotive repair shop for a friend of mine. He covers the overhead, I do the work and deal with the customers, we split the profits right down the middle.

He likes having me around. We've gained more customers since I've taken over and it's bettered his shop. Before all he'd touch was brakes and suspension, oil changes, fuel pumps, things like that. Now I do everything under the sun from LOF's to driveability to engine rebuilds.

When I came in and ran the idea of turning the unused back bay into a body and paint bay he jumped on it. 20+ years of automotive work and I've been professionally paid to do everything to a car except drive 'em and sell 'em.

I am a plumbing contractor and have been in business for 8 years. We are continuing to grow, in spite of the government and the recession.

Cool thread.Neat to see all the interesting jobs out there.

I've worked as a machinist,auto mechanic as well as owning an auto wrecking yard and a towing company in the past.

I've worked as an elevator tech for about 4 years now and it's a great except for all the lame jokes I get about the job having its ups and downs...

Here's what I get to wrap my brain around on a daily basis...

Attachments

• DSCF0012 (Large).jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF0008 (Large).jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF0011 (Large).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 149
Wow, all you guys with a real job... I'm a stay home Dad, two boys 4 and 2. (I do work occasionally, I fix choppers from time to time, did 10 yrs in the services)
I get to send my wife to work, AND get to work on the Charger when she gets home. During the day we build stuff, play, fix up things on the property etc. Kinda cool...
It feels good to be spending someone elses money, know what I mean?

I've worked as an elevator tech for about 4 years now and it's a great except for all the lame jokes I get about the job having its ups and downs...

I won't put one of the lame jokes in here.

The body shop I started off in so many years ago was on the third floor of the building. The only way to get to the shop was by putting the car on an elevator and running it up. Load a full size conversion fan on it and the danged thing would drop six inches as soon as the front tires were all on. Scary moments!

Concord N.C I issue parts to techs,order and receive parts ans keep a 300,000 doolar parts room in order

was in the Marine Corps for five years as a airframes and hydrualics mech and as aircrew on the MV-22 Osprey, and now I do courseware Q.A. for pilots and aircrew on the CV-22Osprey.

I'm a self-underemployed remodeling contractor. As a matter of fact I just spoke with a young urban professional who is having trouble remembering the amount of money he agreed to pay me a week ago. His job is to grind down sub-contractors for a giant developer, so I'm not surprised by his lack of common decency.

I won't put one of the lame jokes in here.

The body shop I started off in so many years ago was on the third floor of the building. The only way to get to the shop was by putting the car on an elevator and running it up. Load a full size conversion fan on it and the danged thing would drop six inches as soon as the front tires were all on. Scary moments!

Sounds like a big old beast of a freight elevator if you could drive a car onto it.The drop would probably be from the cables stretching with the added weight which is normal but not usually noticable unless you get into the elevator with a load of weights or a bunch of linebackers.Those conversion vans are probably close to three tons so they'd definitely stretch out the cables.

F/A-18 Jet Engine Mechanic in the USMC for the last 20+ years. Don't do much wrench turning anymore, just Quality Assurance and supervision. I'll be needing a job in about a year and a half.

Hook up with Northrop Grumman or Boeing and keep working on em.
Semper Fi Marine.
I currently build the wing tip pods for the EA-18G Growler.

Attachments

• growler.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 256
Update: Leaving job at the local hospital to return to public school Science teaching, just got my certification back. 10 more years till retirement with 25 total. Feel very luck to have a pension at 62 plus any social security I can get in 10 years, LOL>

Crossrams been wanting to post on this thread for a while !!!

I earn a living as a *** POST DELETED BY CROSSRAMS ATTORNEY *** .

Uhh....I've been advised to exercise my Fifth Amendment Rights at this point ...I have nothing further to say MT ???

IM a carpenter by trade but i speclize in installing ceramic tile

Attachments

• counter1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 167
  • ernies after 6.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 156
  • jacussi tub 6.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 153
  • sauna3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 148
-
Back