what do you guys use to.......

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
Well Went out and tested my suspension the other night and when I pulled a small holeshot (only about 3500-4000) I felt something give and the car felt real sluggish after that . Found out tonight I snapped my torque strap I had made years ago out of a turnbuckle and some 5/16 chain. So now I have it temporarily fixed with some 3/8 log chain and a 3/8 eyebolt thru the K-member on one end and a 5/16 bolt into the head on the other end . But I want something better with out going to a ridgid mount . So tell me what you guys are using to keep from tearing the left mount out of the car and where do you have it connected to on the motor.

I did use a solid mount, but only on the left side. That way the engine still gives, but it can only compress the right mount.

Why don't you want to use solid mounts? Put solid mounts in the front and use a poly mount on the trans and don't look back.

If you put solid mounts in, the torque strap becomes unneccessary. The idea with the torque strap is to keep from tearing the stock rubber mount apart during hard launches.

340duster said:
If you put solid mounts in, the torque strap becomes unneccessary. The idea with the torque strap is to keep from tearing the stock rubber mount apart during hard launches.

Right... But just in case one of those motor mounts ever decides to break, I've got a backup. :D

I put the torque strap in when I had spool mounts in, and I never got around to removing it.

I have the solid mounts in my car to but, i also have the same strap setup as mikel does "just in case" like a insurance policy.

do i need it? probably not but its there and it makes me feel better.

bill

ONLY REASON i DON'T USE THE SOLID MOUNTS IS THAT MINE IS STILL A STREET CAR AND THE VIBRATION BUGS ME AND SHAKES THINGS LOOSE ON THE CAR( YA I'VE HAD THEM B4)

I made mine from a block of steel. I have the Schumaker mounts though.
The one in the Demon I'm not sure but I think it's the same as Adam's

My car doesnt shake any worse with the solids then it did with rubber mounts.

well my son works in a machine shop and he makes mine.

and as far as shaking i'm same as adam mine no different on the street or the track.

i know alot of guys use the mighty mounts but i'm not paying $150.00 for mounts!

bill

-
Back