What do you think, not that i care...just kidding.

-
Go for it! :)

Remember that the original came in Y2 Yellow which is a LOT tamer then the screamin' yellow you have the 'Cuda painted now. With your brighter, deeper yellow, that top and interior really P-O-P out more!!

For some odd reason, I do like the Mod Tops. The one that really sears the eyeballs is the F6 Rallye Green with green/yellow top. The B5 with the blue/yellow top doen's hurt the eyes as much. Your Y2 and yellow/white were probably the mildest of the bunch (if there is such a thing as a "mild" looking Mod Top).

this is an honest to goodness formula s mod cuda. picked it up from a guy in washington state. i don't think i'm quite ready to part with it just yet, ut i'll keep it in mind.

My GTS is the real deal as well and came with a factory black vinyl roof. I Mig'd up the trim holes as I've seen way too many cars rusted out from gluing a piece of cloth over sheet metal. I'm not sure your car will be worth any less with the top off. If some one is serious about it when you do sell it they can have it put on. Its still a real factory mod top. It is very unique though. It like the 62 darts and early power wagons, so ugly I've grown to like them and want one.

One thing for sure. If you go to a show people WILL remember your car, and ain't that what its about? I would say if the rest of the car is restored then why not the top? But as you said the front end needs to be correct for restore. Me, I would keep the top in a safe place and if I ever sold it, let it go to. But either way, that is one nice car.

Well, I really like your car without the top. However, you already have the matching seat inserts, so you might as well go all the way and install the top. Just watch out for bees when you park. :)

I have seen a few mod tops and remember the flower power days.
Your car does look real good know and it just seems like its just not dun yet.
I say install, and do it correctly and when its all laid down and smooth
you will see that there will be some lookers and be a great car to have and show. Keep an eye out for the correct body parts for the front end and you will be looking good. :thumbrig:

I was born in the 50'es and the 70'es was good to me.:hippy2:
Don't forget to keep a Frisbee in the back seat and find a nice 8 track
tape player for it. I say go for it.:-D

If the fender tag confirms it, it would be a shame not to have the "mod" appearance. Just make sure that people are sober when they see it! lol.

For what its worth, I like it. Its rare, original, and with a stroked 340 4 speed, its badass! The only thing that would make it better is a 69 nose. Is that yellow the correct color?

Will you go back to the Y2 yellow? Personally I kinda dig the mod top with the pale yellow paint color - definitley mellow yellow 60s man. For such a rare fish I'd try to make it "look" original even though it will get peformance upgrades. Imagine the looks on the faces of the ricer's, chev and ford owners when they get blown away by flower power. Ignore the ney sayers and go for it. In the 70s (almost) everbody thought Daytonas and Superbirds were tacky and looked like crap but time and the market ultimately proved them wrong. To each his own - do it if you want!

Kinda looks like Hilo Hattie took a flyin' leap and landed on top of your 'cuda!
Your car, do what you wanna do.
Me? I'm gonna stick with Viper Red on my '69 Dart with a white custom butt stripe 'cause it's my car and it's what I wanna do.

If the fender tag confirms it, it would be a shame not to have the "mod" appearance. Just make sure that people are sober when they see it! lol.

I agree.I love mod tops
Even if it doesn´t match the fender tag I would do it anyway
and since you already bought the mod top and seats.
Go for it. :thumbup:

If bought a yellow mod top it would stay just that. Sell it to me and end all the questions. LOL
There are things from our history that we shouldn't try to erase whether we approve or not. my opinion
I doubt anyone would ever clone a mod top.
Although ... who else could relay to air rescue, " It's the one with the flowery top ! "

I say absolutely install the mod top. If the car came with it, then you are one of the few owners of an original. I would put the '69 front end on it too.... Hey guys, this is part of our mopar heritage, an important one. We were willing to take chances on styling etc. love it or hate it- it's your choice. No other car manufacturer had the balls that mopar had and we all know it! We all have our likes and dislikes, for whatever reasons, still, we love these cars because they are different and they go like hell!
We all have our preferances, mine is stock looking sleeper type mopars with no options that go like hell, things i don't like in a bodies..... consoles, sunroofs, convertables, and especially the new fad of putting in a 5.7 hemi and an altracation k-member with coil overs and the "dubs" anything over 15" wheels is gross in my opinion.
This is what works for me, it's not always the same for the next guy. this is my own opinion, i know the benefits of the above modifications, and i know i'm getting a little off track, the point is, do what you want with your car, you are the one ultimately that pays the money and has to drive it and look at it day in and day out! Do what you want with your car, and if you aren't selling it, who cares?
Honestly, the car looks 'bitchin either way, the mod top will only add to the appeal of the car, the seats look good and the top will match!
To hell what everyone says, bottom line, do what you want.
That's all that matters.
If it was a money thing, we would be on "For Corvettes Only" wouldn't we?:evil4:

Tom.

The men in black are coming for you, and they aint from the government. MOPAR MAFIA SQUAD.....lol

DO IT. i love the mod top cars. why do you want to build a car to fit everyone elses taste. that would be abad *** ride withthe 69 nose, pale yellow with the modtop. i have to say it looks kind of funny with the rear tires in your avatar though.

First of all, kudos for not freaking on the bad comments. Shows your a person with a real back bone and you don't let others dictate what you do.

Second. I like the mod top. You don't see too many of them and you would be one notch cooler in my book.

It is like the bumper sticker, Real men love Jesus... Instead it would read, "real men drive mod tops" (I am not religious it was the only comparison I could come up with)

it is always very interesting to see the mod top cars. sadly many are gone, and others are without their tops and seat inserts. if you have already bought the meterial it would be a waste not to use it as it must have been your intention to use it when you bought it in the first place. remember one thing when the mod tops were introduced they were not for everyones taste. this is why there were so few produced. the same rules applies today. not everyone will like it, but you will always get noticed in a sea of cars and not likely forgotten either!

do it will look very cool and not being a smartass i like it

The car will be the original y2 yellow and i have the original front end for it, it got smashed up but may be fixable. it's got steelies on it now and will be be very close to stock when it's done. the only thing that won't be original are the engine and tranny. it's a #'s matching car other than the tranny. I'm saving the motor from the bastardization of stroking it and building up a 360 for it. Thanks for all the input everyone, even the nay sayers. i'll put up some more pics in the very near future just to keep everyone coming back for more.

peace out:flower:

Go for the Mod Top. I see you have all the interior to match and they are rare!
Go for an EFI Motor, with some 16's or 17's and as wide that will fit in the wells.
Hey that's my opinion!!

I agree, you already have the matching seat covers for it, and it is a true mod top car. But again, do what you want to do, for your enjoyment.

1969GTS, as for those 'ugly' 62 Darts, here's mine. =)

DSC011913.jpg

DSC011902.jpg

DSC011852.jpg

DSC011872.jpg

I love the color combo. What color yellow is that? It'll look great with the flowered pattern. Might even look better with a little "orange micro dot" if you know what i mean. Did anyone see the 69 Satellite Mod at the Nats this year? I'd never seen one b4. The owners were great. She was a separated at birth with Janis Joplin.

-
Back