What do you think of my new interior swap?

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
:toothy10: Well I got to playing with the idea a few weeks ago about converting my bench seat '74 Dart Sport into a bucket seat & center console car with the stuff I had laying around :cheers: Well after 2 weekends thus far this is what I have. It isn't finished yet, I need to fully weld the console brackets in and put the carpet and what not all together. Next is the newly rebuilt 360 =P~

Attachments

• IMAG0039.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 477
  • SL371921.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 481
  • SL371920.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 480
here are some more.

Attachments

• IMAG0038.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 470
  • IMAG0040.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 474
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 472
and the seats.

Attachments

• IMAG0047.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 462
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 466
AWESOME, I love it very classy. I love the bench seat to very nice looking

Got some more done on the interior swap. Hard to get much done only on the weekends when I come back home from college. Next time will be to install the console and wire up the shift indicator light somewhere after robbing it off of our donor car. Got the Hidden Audio system hooked all back up so now I can listen to my tunes :)

Attachments

• IMAG0062.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 342
  • IMAG0063.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 340
  • IMAG0064.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 347
  • IMAG0065.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 351
To be honest, I liked the bench with yellow piping.
I miss the center arm rest in mine.

Yes the bench seat was nice (even better if the lady friend was riding with me) lol. But I just wanted something with a little more classy feel and more of a classic look. To be honest these bucket seats are a lot more comfortable than the bench. The seat feels as though it kinda cradles me or wraps around me. makes the car look meaner too :-D

The bench seat was really nice but I agree with you on how the buckets feel. Nice looking job.

looking great just a little question here im not saying annything bad here but are you gonna get those buckets pined stripe yellow to match the rest of the interior ?

i donne i think i would it looked sharp when it was matching but i do know how much more desirable buckets are

looks good either way tho alot better then mine right now hehe

lets not forget how much that console is wonderfull makes the true classic look in my opinion ....

Very nice! The split bench is my favorite seat,Im surprised you pulled it out. But the buckets look great!!!

Oh wow man, that's a classy upgrade right there that just screams "performance."

Good move on your part.

Thanks everyone. The buckets look very nice in the car once they were installed. I just need to install the console next and it will be finished. As far as the yellow piping goes, no I will not be doing that to these seats. The seat covers were from legendary auto interiors and for the money I paid for them I don't think I'm taking them back off again haha.

As far as the back seat is concerned. it was also done up with the yellow piping and same way as the front split bench. but because they are cloth and the front seats are Vinyl ... do you think I should swap the back seat with a vinyl cover? If so I have the bottom seat portion done with the black vinyl, it was going to be used for my Gold Duster resto, but if I'm using it for this Dart I need the back support done in vinyl too which i don't have. The Gold duster had the fold down back seat, so I can't use that portion for the fixed seat in the Dart. If I were to buy a fixed back seat upholstery cover set from Legendary, would anyone be willing to buy the bottom portion from me,as for I only need the back support only? I'm sure there are some of y'all out there that would like to recover a seat in the car, yet haven't gotten around to buying anything for it right ?

and thanks Cudaspaz ! just wait until the 360 is dropped into it, then it will really scream performance bwahaha

Wow that is gorgeous!

Ya know Texas isn't that far from Kansas.. when are you coming up to do mine?

-
Back