What do you think of these tires?

-
The link isnt working. Are they the ET street radials ? Ive heard they hook better then the BFGs. I wouldnt run them with bias plys on the front though.

Im gonna try the 325-50 after my currant tires are bald.

they say not to mix rdials and bias ply because they bolth handle differantly. Ive never done it though.

You can pick up some cheap 165-15s for about $40ea from the tire rack.

Mike what makes you say they wont hook ? People run in the 8s on those things. Just takes alittle more tunning then a slick.

Yup harder sidewall, but that maybe a good thing with the stick. If your gonna race with them You'll just need to play with the caltracs some.

I though he was hooking ok with the slicks. he was pulling the tires pretty high.

I can't get the link to come up but if it's the sportman I L60 they won't work on your dart. Way to big. If it's the G60 they will work and I have a brand new set for sale.

Coming up real soon in the next week or two the dart will be running,im swaping my rear end with my dads 8 3/4,along with my springs moved in to the frame,right now i know they wont fit,i have on now some old Dunlap L60's,the same size as yours where,if youv seen my pics(i know u hav)thats what i hav now,befor i start driving it around agian im putting on my 245's for the road till shes ready for the big tires (what ever i get)along with new big bolt pat.mosers,an mabey a disk kit for her as well!

BARRACUDA340S said:
I basically just need a good street tire that looks good and fits. If they hooked great if they don't no biggie.

if your just looking for something to run on the street why don't you just goto somewhere like pep boys and buy a cheap radial. that 275/60r15 is the size i used to run on my lil red express truck and they were only like $56 a piece. and for the skinnies on the front you can get a 165/r15 for $35 a piece is what i pais at pep boys. then you have radials all around and it will handle on the street alot better then those bias ply tires...

I got like $40,000 in this car :roll: so even though what your saying makes sense I really need to keep with a killer tire.

BARRACUDA340S said:
I got like $40,000 in this car :roll: so even though what your saying makes sense I really need to keep with a killer tire.

i can understand that but if your not worried about traction then why look at a street slick?
then instead of going with the pepboys tires look for a little better street radial. they really make a big difference on the street over those bias ply tires...

AdamR said:
The tires hes looking at are drag radials.

i know that. but if he isn't worried about them getting traction at the track then why bother buying such an expensive tire.. thats all i'm saying.. just put a normal street radial tire on it and have it ride , handle and wear better then the street drag radial...

i have never had a problem with mixing bias and radials and i have 29x18.5 sportsmen pros on my dart

-
Back