What do you use to winterize?

-
Studded snows and winter blades
I remember when I was a kid in the early 70s they outlawed studded snow tires In Minnesota. So the company I worked for had us pull the them out of about 40 tires for their fleet of vans. A pliers and a lot of manual labor, what a job! I remember if you got pissed at the guy driving behind ya you could spin them on dry pavement and shower them with studs. Ah, the good old days. LOL

My 2 cents worth. Cars are sitting on their suspensions their whole lives, why would sitting on the suspension for a few months make a difference? The problem with flat spots in tires was when bias ply were used, it's not so much an issue with radial tires. Some StaBil. Leave sun visors down so mice don't nest under them, a few fragrance trees, make sure the tires have proper air, maybe disconnect battery and a good car cover if you have one. I am on the fence on keeping the windows closed if you have your car stored in a barn or garage that gets really cold or really hot as I have seen some moldy interiors within months from that.

-
Back