What does anyone think of these intakes?

-
I refuse to shop at walmart. But, this PC is not made in USA...lol. But, the difference is, this actually works. Those intakes hold a carburetor. They don't make the best power. You'll spend more on a dyno tuning session wondering why you're down on power...lol

Well, I think I have a distinct view of all that stuff because I live in Brazil.

Here we don't have any performance parts for our Mopars. We have to buy them from you guys in USA. The shipping will cost the same as the parts in some cases. I have the original performer rpm in my car. I've paid $234 for the intake, $100 for the shipping and spent $200 in "brazilian" stupid taxes. So, I've paid $534 for my performer rpm!

Here we don't have much Chevy v8's, most are Fords and Mopars. The price will be almost the same for any of them.

I don't have the american pride like most of you, so I can buy a part and see what it really is. Usually the american parts are really superior. They were made for american motors and the quality is great. But, I have japanese Dunlop tyres on my Dart and they are way better than most american brands.

About chinese stuff, sometimes they are ok, and sometimes they are not. So, usually they are not reliable.

Chinese stuff can be a bit of a lottery. I've read enough posts on this site to know that if Moper says they're shite, then they're shite.
Probably the same story as with chinese turbos. Some blokes get a sweet run from them, other decry them as turds. (I know guys from both camps there)
I'd love to see what that LD4B sells for. Last one I was watching on fleabay (4-5 months ago) sold for over $300.

Dodge Freak, I lived with a Chinese woman whose family has been in this country longer then most American families, my family included, her relatives helped build America. The Chinese food I eat is freshly made and to top it off they don't salt the roads where I live because it rarely snows and I live in southern Oregon where the temperature last week was 3 digits.

Off topic, but...What's hysterical is most of the Chinese food we eat, isnt authentic. It's Americanized Chinese. If you want real chinese, you have to be able to ask, or someone in your party ask, in Chinese. My old boss is Chinese and speaks several dialects. I asked him last week to recommend a restaurant and he started laughing.." You want real food or your crap.."

I bought one. Paid $159 to my door. Every aspect of it so far, is great. I had to barely touch up the intake ports, but I have seen alot worse with Name Brand intakes, there was NO casting flaws, and I inspected it thoroughly with a LED light and mirror. The only complaint I had was that the Magnum Intake Bolt Holes were a tiny bit oversize and the supplied plugs fit kinda loose.

I refuse to spend $300 shipped for core shifted machined castings and a pretty logo.

MPValveCovers001.jpg

:munky2:

Preach on brotha!!!!!!
Oh, and you forgot the stupid "made in usa" sticker that only amplifies how funny, yet baseless all the crying is.

Prine, does this intake require the larger LA thermostat? I havent gotten to that point yet, but I noticed my mag thermostat doesnt work. Too small...

Chinese stuff can be a bit of a lottery. I've read enough posts on this site to know that if Moper says they're shite, then they're shite.
Probably the same story as with chinese turbos. Some blokes get a sweet run from them, other decry them as turds. (I know guys from both camps there)
I'd love to see what that LD4B sells for. Last one I was watching on fleabay (4-5 months ago) sold for over $300.

The reason chinese stuff is hit or miss is because of the instructions passed to them by an american dufus who is looking at making an extreme profit, not a quality part. It's not like someone in china woke up one day with the idea of making a MOPAR GEARDRIVE, or a SCAT CRANK, or a PRO PARTS intake. What chinaman even knows what the hell a mopar is? Some american went over there and set up shop for bottom dollar and employed people for CHEAP who have no idea WTF they are even making.
That has every bit to do with why there can be problems. But it's not the fault of the chinese.

So all these claims against the chinese and how bad they suck is bullshit.
Behind every part in america from china with a problem, there is an american schiester who sucks. That's not speculation. It's fact.
So find those guys and beat them over the head. They are the problem.
The chinese that I know are hard workers with ethic. That is also a fact.

I think the CAT geardrive is awesome and great quality. I love my pro parts intake, and I plan on buying some fuel parts from them too. I also think scat cranks happen to be good stuff and there are many behind me on that.

I'll be buyin an Edelbrock intake....coz they have what I want....single plane, low profile, as well as quality........my 2 cents

Yes. The Crosswinds intake has a large thermostat housing flange. Coincedently, my Duster is a 74' Duster 360, and the original thermoquad intake has the large thermostat flange as well....

I worked for Cummins Engines INC, as Quality Assurance Inspector for 5 years...inspecting NG Fuel Systems, cylinder heads, blocks, pistons, rods, crankshafts, exhaust manifolds, intake manifolds, air cleaners, complete engines, experimental engines, turbocharger systems, and generators and water pumps.......I have seen poor quality parts...and this intake passes my intial inspection with flying colors.

Hmm, there are aren't as many but here is what I found for the sb right now on . Bet they all will sell for less than a brand new China pos intake! Well maybe not the air gap, hmm, I wounder why??

SB Mopar Edelbrock Performer Intake Exc. condition:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SB-M...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e331b335

MOPAR 340 360 EDELBROCK 7576 RPM AIR GAP INTAKE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPA...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336050a3fe

Edelbrock LD4B Intake Mopar Small Block
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edel...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a12db8f7

EDELBROCK MOPAR 318/340/360 STREETMASTER INTAKE LLNEW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EDEL...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45f4abb1fe
performer=aluminum stock replacement

street master=ash tray

LD4B=rare antique but mostly the only option for the lil early motors, and the only thing with more plenum.

Those intakes sssssssuck for what I and most people r doing thats why they'll sell for $50-$120, except for the air gap, which is a design that happens to be the most used and desired car enthusiast intake. As for the ld4b...if there was an air gap desgn based intake to replace it....it would become a wall ornament.

Yes. The Crosswinds intake has a large thermostat housing flange. Coincedently, my Duster is a 74' Duster 360, and the original thermoquad intake has the large thermostat flange as well....

I consider that a plus since I think magnum valve train sucks compared to the LA shaft mount.
I don't know why, other than they have a magnum powered truck er sumthin that anyone would go that route for max power and part availability.

but thats JMO

Yeah you might eat Chinese food but is it from China, ha ha.

China gave us that deadly pet food awhile back. The drywall which the toxic fumes that rots the copper pipes behind it.

I refuse to eat anything from China. I took back a pack of frozen shrimp when I seen the made in China in back.

These people who like the China intakes, have they driven the motor for years and high mileage? Some just drive their cars once a week and only in nice weather! Would these intake hold up driven on salted winter roads, I doubt it. As Moper said they can and do leak, sometimes right through the metal. This is when they are almost new, ha ha.

There is so many used Edelbrock intakes on ebay I have a hard time buying a brand new one. Distributors yes, intakes, nope.

Never seen or heard that before.

btw chinese don't genetically create their shrimp in a laboratory.

U better look around you house, you may have to through all your stuff out.lol

I have had a Crosswind on my 360 for almost 40k miles now. I have had zero problems with either the installation or the use of it.

I find it deplorable that Edelbrock chose to design an airgap that only fits a LA or a magnum then turns around and charges $100 more for the magnum version. The could easily hve done what Professional Products did and make it fit both.

Lots-o-members here have that china knock off with good results. The port alignment may not be all that. Otherwise, good reviews abound here on that intake.

If thats the case, it's a good thing they are cast smaller 'like all intakes' so you have enough to work with when gasket match correcting the windows.

They might just hang out a lil more on 1 side, easily correctable.

people could run these through a bleed blaster to smooth the surface.

sometimes we can't afford to pay for the 'name', sorry vick, but I think you have plenty of money.

sometimes we can't afford to pay for the 'name', sorry vick, but I think you have plenty of money.

That is cause GWB was in office for 8 long years, LOL.

Oh we got those big tax breaks for the filthy rich people, we also got cut wages and falling home prices, ha ha.

Did you know in far left Canada home prices are still going up!

We need Obama for 20+ years to repair all the damage GWB caused!

Doesn't matter if you drive on salted roads or not, the metal isn't cast as good. Now maybe Edelbrock parts today aren't much better--would not surprise me if Edelbrock is importing their metal from China.

Its really sad but except for electrical parts just about everything from the 70's--80's were made better.

performer=aluminum stock replacement

street master=ash tray

LD4B=rare antique but mostly the only option for the lil early motors, and the only thing with more plenum.

Those intakes sssssssuck for what I and most people r doing thats why they'll sell for $50-$120, except for the air gap, which is a design that happens to be the most used and desired car enthusiast intake. As for the ld4b...if there was an air gap desgn based intake to replace it....it would become a wall ornament.

The LD4B, IMO, was preety good. The air-gap is the replacement for it. There port windows aren't matched to there aluminum heads anyway.

I find it deplorable that Edelbrock chose to design an airgap that only fits a LA or a magnum then turns around and charges $100 more for the magnum version. The could easily hve done what Professional Products did and make it fit both.

YEP! No doubt.

The knockoffs remind me of birds.... cheap cheap cheap. i bought one of the ones that summit offers, i figured it was from them it should be good. NOt so much, it didnt line up well says made in china in big letters on the bottom of the valley. Leaks oil from the valve covers because its too tall wouldnt buy another one... should have just bought an eddy, but its my winter truck and i drive it 4-6 months a year. Im going to pull it off when i change the cam, and put an old eddy on.

Oh we got those big tax breaks for the filthy rich people, we also got cut wages and falling home prices, ha ha.

HA.............take this dribble to the political section

I didn't sign up for it so I could AVOID reading this kind of garbage.

btw, I hear you have more mopar parts then you can use, so 'we' have decided to 'take' those extra parts and redistribute them to other people.

next'll be yer pay check

HA.............take this dribble to the political section

I didn't sign up for it so I could AVOID reading this kind of garbage.

btw, I hear you have more mopar parts then you can use, so 'we' have decided to 'take' those extra parts and redistribute them to other people.

next'll be yer pay check

Already is. And my yet-to-be-created child's too.

That's a bunch of needless BS that's off topic.

Mopar parts I learned are more expensive,and lets not forget our AMC brothers.You can walk into a O'Reillys,Autozone,Advance,etc and there are aftermarket Ford and Chevy parts already available on the shelves.Anything Mopar is always a special order.When I ordered my brake drums and shoes for my Duster,I had to wait 2 days for them to arrive,my Impala,everything is available,blah :angry7:

I am running an Edelbrock performer manifold on my Duster and I have been very happy with the quality and performance from all my Edelbrock products I have purchased, except for the manifold bolts I bought were a torx style bolt head and they never seemed to seat right and I had leakage at the corners of my manifold. I changed these back to stock bolts and there have been no issues with leakage since.

Its really sad but except for electrical parts just about everything from the 70's--80's were made better.

That's an interesting statement. I can't think of anything that isn't better made today than it was in the 70's and 80's. Especially cars of the 70's and early 80's that was an all time low for quality in the US automotive industry.

-
Back