What does your bay look like?

-
i love to show my bay

tryout 053 (Medium).jpg

HotSideComplete.jpg

The color of the car will be changing and so will the engine bay.

I agree, the engine bay should be painted the same color as the car.

i say paint the engine bay body color and paint the intake motor color. i think the bare intake looks too GM looking. plus i have yet to see one that has actually been drive stay clean.

before.

DSC02180.jpg

after

DSC02551.jpg

5-17-05001.jpg

i like the stock valve cover look also. :)

DSC09924.jpg

i love the heater hoses where did you get those

Just a very stock looking hemi orange set up with body color engine bay. Clean and simple...

P1010161.jpg

Here`s my stock `68 Dart 340, mostly correct with the exception of an extra ground on the battery and a lack of paint on the bypass hose.

68 340 Dart engine bay.jpg

I like painting them the way the car came from the factory.
Street Hemi orange happens to be my favorite of them all.
Just happens that is the color for a 1970 340 Dart.

faucet pics 251.jpg

faucet pics 569.jpg

faucet pics 827.jpg

i say paint the engine bay body color and paint the intake motor color. i think the bare intake looks too GM looking. plus i have yet to see one that has actually been drive stay clean.

before.

DSC02180.jpg

after

DSC02551.jpg

5-17-05001.jpg

i like the stock valve cover look also. :)

DSC09924.jpg

Nice my bay also looked like your before and i really like your after pic. Looks clean and together not a bunch of colors. Thanks for all those pics! helps a lot, i think i will go with either stoke color. Now where can i get the correct color?

Now where can i get the correct color?

best results would be from using a urathane paint over epoxy primer.

this is street hemi orange. DUPONT CODE : 5067U
PPG Ditzler code 2186

I would like to know how you people keep your bays that clean! Seems like after the first year the paint started chipping off the engine! What do you guy's use for engine paint?

i love the heater hoses where did you get those

they are just regular hoses with a cover on them that my dad brought home from work like 15 years ago. would like to find more of that stuff. it isn't on the car anymore.

I would like to know how you people keep your bays that clean! Seems like after the first year the paint started chipping off the engine! What do you guy's use for engine paint?

epoxy primer and then a high solids single stage paint. its the same paint thats on the body of your car. it holds up very well and cleans up easy.

U-TECH 3.8 Polyurethane System - High Solids System
U-TECH 3.8 System High Solids low VOC 2K Polyurethane single stage topcoat designed
to produces a very flexible impact resistant film. U-TECH 3.8 Polyurethane, incredible hiding
power that meets the productivity needs of the Fleet market as well as the light commercial
to heavy commercial markets.

More importantly the intermix tinting system allows for color formulas available for both fleet
and automotive saving time and reducing cost.

3.8-1.jpg

Product Features:

- Hiding Power
- Very Flexible
- High Gloss
- Easy-To-Spray
- Fast Cure
- Long Term Durability
T-3.8poly-1.jpg

epoxy primer and then a high solids single stage paint. its the same paint thats on the body of your car. it holds up very well and cleans up easy.

U-TECH 3.8 Polyurethane System - High Solids System
U-TECH 3.8 System High Solids low VOC 2K Polyurethane single stage topcoat designed
to produces a very flexible impact resistant film. U-TECH 3.8 Polyurethane, incredible hiding
power that meets the productivity needs of the Fleet market as well as the light commercial
to heavy commercial markets.

More importantly the intermix tinting system allows for color formulas available for both fleet
and automotive saving time and reducing cost.

3.8-1.jpg

Product Features:

- Hiding Power
- Very Flexible
- High Gloss
- Easy-To-Spray
- Fast Cure
- Long Term Durability
T-3.8poly-1.jpg

Looks like that stuff beats any high temp engine paint from a spray can! Maybe one day I'll find time to pull the engine and repaint!

Looks like that stuff beats any high temp engine paint from a spray can! Maybe one day I'll find time to pull the engine and repaint!

definatley. spray can stuff sucks it doesn't look or hold up like the urathane does.

I use nothing but plastic-coat in a spray can,works great goes on nice and last for quite awhile,i also clear coat everything with an autobody clearcoat:thumbrig::thumbrig:

-
Back