What does your bay look like?

-

n00blike

Reaction score
Im having trouble deciding wither the paint the whole engine including intake or not. Also paining it the same color as the car. So could you guys post up your engine bay pics?

you are not going to find many on here that don't like the engine bay to not be painted the same color as the car. mopars were just ment to be that. that is what separates us from the crowd!

Hey n00blike -
Sorry no photo but just wanted to say I understand your quandry.
I'm sure you're going to find most of the photos that will be posted are going to show 'HemiOrange' engines or engine blocks. And some engines or blocks are going to be painted body color.
My '69 Dart is still in construction and my current plan is to paint the car Viper Red. I'm not a fan of body color engines and don't think a 'HemiOrange' painted engine block is going to 'pop' against the Viper Red. I'm also not a fan of other Mopar engine colors. So what to do?
I've settled on a blue color that's going to have good contrast with the Viper Red but still 'pop' when used with the polished aluminum components I'm planning.
Suggestion: take a look at the photos that will be posted and then do what you like best. It's your money and your car and you're the one that needs to be happy when all is said and done.

oops! i thought you were refering to the engine bay itself not the block! duhh!! my bad. i like the original engine color there where possible, but dosen't have to be...i just think it looks better.

yeah i have a petty blue car and wanted to go with a petty blue with white color but i can't make up my mind on engine color. And since the engine has some natural aluminum parts it may look a bit funky is i don't paint those.

I like how stock engines looks but i also like how the crazy all aluminum ones look too. I guess it's like picking a date between models like all look good but what one would you keep? ....:munky2:

that's why i was hoping pics could help me out.

My opinion........

Don't go body color unless its a show car...
Don't go body color if you can't keep your engine as clean as the outside of the car.

It looks cool when its first done but mostly looks like crap after some real world miles.

Go with one of the stock engine colors and you will be able to touch up things anytime.

Where can i get the correct engine color for my year and size? The one i got from jegs doesn't look right...

I went with the stock color SB for my year 72.

Tom

dsc00005smallge3.jpg

I went with black, I know not a traditional color, but figured with the aluminum it would "pop" against the blue.
Gotta get rid of the red dis cap and get a black one.I have a blk powder coated alt on the way. Some times less is more. No fancy rainbow here.

ENGINE 007 (Small).jpg

65 BARRACUDA 012 (Small).jpg

I went with black, I know not a traditional color, but figured with the aluminum it would "pop" against the blue.
Gotta get rid of the red dis cap and get a black one.I have a blk powder coated alt on the way. Some times less is more. No fancy rainbow here.

Very nice. I like the way you think!

Mines orange(69)!It looks messy cause that,s after I got it stroked to 372(452hp)and just installed.Looks cleaner now!

scoops 002.jpg

I know you want complete engine bay pics but this is the best I can do at the moment, with my 360 still not in the cuda. I decided to go with red as per factory for 68 (well, a 340 car that is) and to paint the Air Gap manifold as well. Most seem to leave the manifolds unpainted and that's OK, but I thought some paint would hold up better after a few years, when bare manifolds can tend to become dull and dirty looking.

The second pic is my former 70 Aus Valiant Hardtop 770 engine bay, where i want with hemi orange and pretty much kept a stock look as well.

09052009720WEB.jpg

web4.jpg

Im having trouble deciding wither the paint the whole engine including intake or not. Also paining it the same color as the car. So could you guys post up your engine bay pics?

i say paint the engine bay body color and paint the intake motor color. i think the bare intake looks too GM looking. plus i have yet to see one that has actually been drive stay clean.

before.

DSC02180.jpg

after

DSC02551.jpg

5-17-05001.jpg

i like the stock valve cover look also. :)

DSC09924.jpg

Heres a few of the dusters engine bay..

with the 360..

with the 416 stroker..

DSCF0208.jpg

duster 009.jpg

I understand your problem. If your body color is the same as your engine, it sorta blends together.
My son put a new engine in his red Mustang and he he did a little wizardry with the paint gun.

Old Engine

OLD.jpg

New Engine

NEW.jpg

-
Back