What engine compartment color do you think?

What color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
alsdemon, It does look good with bondo primer added. If you look, you can see we filled all the holes on boths and the harness will travel under the fender to the front. Today we're going to paint the underside with black.

0706001713.jpg

Thanks for all the support and photos guys. I have decided (for now anyway) to eventually paint the car black. I have 3 photos of black 66's and really like the way they look. I have struggled with the original paint color since I bought the car 6 years ago. I just don't like the color and I don't think I would ever be happy with it. All the new colors that are very similar to the original color have a flat green tint to it in the shadows that I don't like. I like the look of black with all the chrome the GT's have and the red HP engine will look the best with a black background so I am going to paint the engine bay gloss black and start saving for exterior paint. Thanks, I value your opinions. toolmanmike

(Hope you'll still talk to me. Most of you thought I should paint the compartment body color and I certainly would if I liked the color. I wouldn't paint it black unless I was planning to do the outside the same color) Thanks

Well, since your going to do the body black I would suggest a Blue OR Red Interior to break it up. Black with a Red gut looks killer to me. Also saw a Black 70 Charger with a blue interior in a magazine and thought it was cool as hell!

I got the wiring in tonight but no photos. (wife has the camera). These were shot a few days ago. I probably won't paint the outside for a few years and by then I might change my mind on the color. Black is it for now but when I do paint it I will take the drive train out so I can change the engine color and the underhood color. Mike

engine 240.jpg

engine 242.jpg

i like that only mopar painted the dog houses to match unlike black gm and ford

Well, since your going to do the body black

That's why I painted under the hood black. If I decide to paint the outside a different color other than black, the underhood will be the same color as the body. Mike PS......LOOKS GREAT DESERTRAT!!!

I like the modern Chrysler Silver colors, myself, as you will see in the next day or so when I post photos of mine! The industrial red 273 will be "poppin"!

I put the motor back in today. Everything went slow....it was so hot and humid. I had problems putting the trans in. Darned plastic alignment tools! I put a few scratches in a couple places but they can be touched up easily. Tomorrow will be hook up time. I am not expecting to hear it run tomorrow unless everything goes smooth. Wish me luck. I need a shower and some supper. Mike (new camera. Don't know why the red looks crinkled in the second photo)

engine 254.jpg

engine 253.jpg

A couple more. Must be the camera settings.

engine 255.jpg

engine 256.jpg

the black and red looks good! should look awesome once you get the hole car painted up! ...good job

looking good. you need black valve covers with red plug wires and black air cleaner that would look deadly and different.

are you going to paint the body black
That's my plan. I think I need to wait till I retire to do it though. I am pretty busy with family activities and a large project takes forever when you don't have time to work on it. Here's my latest photo taken a half hour ago. I have been working on it pretty steady since Thursday night. I'm pooped. LOL Just a couple of things yet to do. Hopefully I will hear it run tomorrow.

engine 280.jpg

sweet you did have black valve covers and cleaner looks good.red plug wires would look sweet. got some on my bike. think u might like it heres a pic.

PC280271.jpg

Nice bike. Those red wires do look good on there. You should start a post and show off your motorcycle. There would be lots of interest. Mike

Thanks Mike. i'll have to do that i need to take some more pics i've done some more work since that pic. it started out as an 1983 suzuki gs650. now time to focus on the Dart.

like most of us would say. paint it the color u choose to paint the car body. dont even do the black engine compartment unless the whole car is black (thats a chevy thing) which is true.

-
Back