What fits a 67 Valiant for Hood and deck lid?

-

Garry in AZ

Building a 9 second Valiant
Reaction score
Howdy! Been a while since I was here... but I know for sure the folks in here are the most knowledgeable A-body people around, so here goes.
I'm building a '67 Valiant 2 door sedan for drag 'n drive type events. The car has been back halved, has a 4 Link from S&W and a Gerst front suspension setup. Cage is built for 8.50 cert. Now I need to put the car on a diet and shed some weight. I'd like to go to a fiberglass hood and trunk lid. I know AAR has the hood, but I can only find a trunk lid for a '67 Dart. The question is, will it fit a Valiant 2 door sedan? Are there other years that could work? Two guys have said yes, and others say no. Can anyone tell me for sure one way or the other? If I can't buy a fiberglass trunk lid, I'm going to have to make a mold and build my own, which I'd like to avoid.
So... what do the experts say? What body panels (if any) are the same on a Dart/Valiant 2 door sedan?
Thanks in advance for any info!

20230113_155326.jpg

The sides and rear of the hood will be the same, front not so much.
1967-dodge-dart-gt.jpg

1751029-1967-plymouth-valiant-std.jpg

Alan

Thanks Alan, I knew the hood was different, but I was hoping the deck lid would be the same. Oh well... it's never easy, right? :)
Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

Garry, your mailbox is overfull. I'd like to chat...

Mike/Krusty

'67-8 Valiant for the hood, '67-9 Valiant and '70-73 4dr Valiant on the trunk lid.

-
Back