What front shocks with Caltracs setup (street)

-

highwaystar

Reaction score
I was wondering which front shocks would work best with the Caltracs. I currently have the monoleafs and calvert rear shocks. I noticed the front Calvert shocks are not reccomended for street, or should I not care so much about that with 1-2000 miles a year on the street?
Any recomendations? This is a 4 spd car as well, if that makes a difference. Tires are hit a little harder typically.

The Calvert shocks are reboxed Rancho 9000's and are fully adjustable so I see no reason why you couldn't run them on the street. Adjust them for a good ride on the street and set them for the good launch at the track.

You are correct I thought they had them for the front as well. But now I don't think they do.

I'm pretty sure the fronts that calvert uses are some 90/10s that have been revalved to their specs. The rears are rancho RS9000s that have calvert stickers on em

does someone know whats the parts number of the rs9000 shock
they sale under there name???

I run the 12-way adj. QA-1 shocks on all 4 corners with Caltracs on my 66 Dart race car.Adjustment is as easy as a turn of the knob,great for quick adjustments after driving to the track.

you may have to dig on the Rancho spec sheets but i picked up some with part number 99116 for the rear and 002/003 SS springs on my 67 dart

the mount codes are L1, and you will have to measure the shock length but here is all the shock lengths FYI
http://www.gorancho.com/assets/catalog/Specifications.pdf

the fronts i called Mancini racing and got the comp engineering for the front. Will run out and check the box part number.

the mancini site suggest this part number for rancho/calvert CF42103

-
Back