What goes here? [340 intake]

-

hanging10

Reaction score
Probably a silly question:
I'm cleaning up a '71 340 TQ intake and am shopping around for the correct bits and pieces needed for a nice 4bbl set up.
Looking at the intake I get confused :tard:. There is some kind of mount just below where the carb throttle linkage will be.
Googling pictures of 340 intakes or Thermoquads renders no pictures where a similar mount is visible...

What is this for?

The only thing I can come up with is the '71 TQ Idle Shut off Solenoid that I remember reading somewhere was mounted on the driver side that year only?

Any one who knows for sure what goes here? A picture would be nice too so I know what to look for!

Attachments

• WhatGoesHere.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 346
I believe this is what your looking for........idle solenoid.

Not my pic, was posted by member "fanofpetty" in a previous thread I found.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqIOKioE6(bmqYMWBO)yeqLlKg~~60_3.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 304
Rick! Nice call dude!

Hanging10, In later years, it is a passenger side carb mounted item.

Thanks Rob. :thumbrig:

H 10, now the question is, do you want one? I don't believe the're being reproduced and are probably like gold to the resto guys. Good luck finding one if you choose to go that route.

Thanks Rob. :thumbrig:

H 10, now the question is, do you want one? I don't believe the're being reproduced and are probably like gold to the resto guys. Good luck finding one if you choose to go that route.

ive seen the correct thermobogs and solenoids go for ridiculous prices .. over a thousand bucks

I think I'll leve that mount empty.
My car is a '75 and this 4bbl set up I just for fun, even if I want it to look sort of correct. Also, the TQ I have is later than '71.
The original 2bbl parts will be kept for the day I want to go the resto route.

Thanks for the quick replies with pic and all!

BTW, how do you "thank" someone in the board so that it's added to their "total thank" score?
Was thinking of thanking Rick properly for the picture even though he has plenty of "thanks" allready.

Hmmm...

I must be blind since all I find there is "QUOTE", "+ ""(multi quote) and "QR", no thanks ...

Is it a browser dependent thing perhaps?

-
Back