What Happened to my friend Strokerscamp

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If thats what happen,and the guy would not take the hood out of the box to show the condition or what a person might be buying,I would be upset too,and if the MODS here did banned him for that,they are as crazy as the guy selling the hood.I hope there is more to this,as this would not be my policy on out mopar web site. www.MYMOPAR.com that would be just insane.Because you want to cover your ***,ask questions and ask for info and pictures,you are banned.There has to be way more to this,as some one has to call him,ask the question and post his responce to this,as the sites mods won,t do it,or give a reason for it and why,if they have the balls to do it.Maybe one of these big time site gods is in on the deal for the hood??? Not sure but some thing is happening when you add 2+2 here and it adds up to 7.Since this site is in the USA,don,t you have the right to be heard by your pears,and explain your actions,or is it about the fact that if I have the gun and bullets,its my rules,and you have no say,mrmopartech

:notworth::notworth:

I guess if you want to chat with him...sign up over that other forum....

well then there u go i just seeing this going bad and some getting banned fromm this

well SS isnt here so no names should be called!!! LOL

and for what? i think they are just getting rid of the slant people... bill is never on anymore, just new people and they dont seem to last long...

I would like to see him come back.....but as mentioned.....rules are rules. He will be missed here by many at Fabo I am sure.

I can see where its easy to get yourself in trouble too. I had a run in with a mod a couple of years ago...... all started with a member disagreeing with something I mentioned about my duster (which shouldnt have been a big deal.....but the person had to have the last word and was a little cocky about it and I was sent less than respectful PM's).....and at about this time I decided I was going to stand up for myself ....and then another member jumped into things and the name calling was going back and forth from the 2 of them and I and things spiraled out of control.

And because I didnt sit with my tail between my legs and I said what was on my mind I was banned (granted....I deserved it because I was mad and said things I regretted saying) but at the same time the others involved said some nasty things and were not punished.

I took my time off from fabo as a learning experience and watched my P's and Q's from then on out because fabo is to valuable of a place between the info and friends to throw it all away because of something as stupid as an internet argument lol

so as mentioned in a previous post I can see where it would be a good idea to punish both parties involved . (unless of course it was a clearly 1 sided issue....in such case it would be easy to see who deserves the punishment).

The best thing to do is no matter what anyone says that might rub you the wrong way......think twice about what you have to say because everyone (and potentially youngsters) can see what you are saying. If you have an issue with someone....take it up with them in a PM or contact a mod and let them know whats up .

But I find it best to just let things roll off my shoulders....if I don't like something I see or something someone has to say or whatever the case.....I find it extremely easy to click to the next page LOL.

I would like to see him come back.....but as mentioned.....rules are rules. He will be missed here by many at Fabo I am sure.

I can see where its easy to get yourself in trouble too. I had a run in with a mod a couple of years ago...... all started with a member disagreeing with something I mentioned about my duster (which shouldnt have been a big deal.....but the person had to have the last word and was a little cocky about it and I was sent less than respectful PM's).....and at about this time I decided I was going to stand up for myself ....and then another member jumped into things and the name calling was going back and forth from the 2 of them and I and things spiraled out of control.

And because I didnt sit with my tail between my legs and I said what was on my mind I was banned (granted....I deserved it because I was mad and said things I regretted saying) but at the same time the others involved said some nasty things and were not punished.

I took my time off from fabo as a learning experience and watched my P's and Q's from then on out because fabo is to valuable of a place between the info and friends to throw it all away because of something as stupid as an internet argument lol

so as mentioned in a previous post I can see where it would be a good idea to punish both parties involved . (unless of course it was a clearly 1 sided issue....in such case it would be easy to see who deserves the punishment).

The best thing to do is no matter what anyone says that might rub you the wrong way......think twice about what you have to say because everyone (and potentially youngsters) can see what you are saying. If you have an issue with someone....take it up with them in a PM or contact a mod and let them know whats up .

But I find it best to just let things roll off my shoulders....if I don't like something I see or something someone has to say or whatever the case.....I find it extremely easy to click to the next page LOL.

very true... its a two way street...

I miss Rob. He's a very helpful, generous guy.

Rules, consistently enforced, are important to the success of a site. If you can't follow the rules, you're gone.

Man this is really unfortunate. Though Strokerscamp and I had some disagreement's over in the politics forum he really came through for me BIG TIME. If not for his advice on getting my Ford tractor running the my local code enforcement would have fined me hundred's of dollars for over growth of vegetation.

You can say what you want about me but i,m not gonna miss him. The sheer disrespect he showed some members here was horrible. I caught some of his criticism and people dont talk like that to me to my face. After that I avoided comments on his thread. Lifes too short to deal with jerks.

well he just wants you to know anybody who wants to follow his builds (gen one hemi powered rod, and the early A slant) to be his friend on face book where he has pics and what not...

think that should be the end of the thread...

The problem with talking on the internet is there's no filter.

Things are said here that two men face to face probably wouldn't say, or say very quickly. I guess it's an example of why there have to be laws and rules in life, because if given the chance to act without consequences, some men will be total neaderthals.

Then again I think some people just live to stir trouble up and push things as far as possible to "see if something really will happen". Guess it did.

This is my last post on this subject, He wasnt banned just because he asked for pictures of an item he had no intent to buy. He was banned because I got tired of warning him to watch his language and stop the insults after editing 4 posts in hour at 9am in the morning then calling me an asshole for it.

We can easily solve all the issues in the classified section, we can either go the way of Moparts were theres no discussion at all about items for sale or we can go the way Big Block Dart went for awhile and get rid of the classifieds all together.

Its not easy pleasing 20000 members, no matter what we try theres all ways those who feel it wasnt right and honestly after 8 years of running this web site I have learned to not let it bother me. Feel free to go to MrMoparTechs place and see how much green er the grass is on the other side. I can pretty much guarantee if he had 200-300 members on line at once all the time his rules would change real fast.

Anyone that has been here from the beginning can tell tell you this place use to be rule free and never had problems. I dont think I banned anyone for the first 3years.

well there u guys go that why he got showed the door now lets drop it well u dont have but i am

This is my last post on this subject, He wasnt banned just because he asked for pictures of an item he had no intent to buy. He was banned because I got tired of warning him to watch his language and stop the insults after editing 4 posts in hour at 9am in the morning then calling me an asshole for it.

We can easily solve all the issues in the classified section, we can either go the way of Moparts were theres no discussion at all about items for sale or we can go the way Big Block Dart went for awhile and get rid of the classifieds all together.

Its not easy pleasing 20000 members, no matter what we try theres all ways those who feel it wasnt right and honestly after 8 years of running this web site I have learned to not let it bother me. Feel free to go to MrMoparTechs place and see how much green er the grass is on the other side. I can pretty much guarantee if he had 200-300 members on line at once all the time his rules would change real fast.

Anyone that has been here from the beginning can tell tell you this place use to be rule free and never had problems. I dont think I banned anyone for the first 3years.
hay adamr plez dont take the classified section down i think this is better then mofarts when i got on here i needed a lot of parts for the cuda now i only need two things out of like 12 i want to thank u for what ur doing nd if some one dont like it then oh just tell them to get there painties out of a bunch

well i seen some of the stuff he did and i think u did the right thing if i did what he was i would get seen to the door 2

well bud i dont think it matters hes not coming back u know

well then there u go i just seeing this going bad and some getting banned fromm this

lol im on im not that new

hmmm who is it now?

well there u guys go that why he got showed the door now lets drop it well u dont have but i am

hay adamr plez dont take the classified section down i think this is better then mofarts when i got on here i needed a lot of parts for the cuda now i only need two things out of like 12 i want to thank u for what ur doing nd if some one dont like it then oh just tell them to get there painties out of a bunch

I dont think anyone directed any sort of question to you, but you have the most to say on this, why?
Who r you to be telling people to drop any topic at all?
Im taking it as you're rubbing in..

In other words, you hate stokerscamp...so it seems...., while we like him....so maybe this is not the thread for you...:yawinkle:

YOU guys ...dont get my lengthy post wrong...I liked SS, he was very helpful to me specifically, he showed where to get a TQ and then offered to rebuild for free!! NO doubt he is a good guy,.... but even good guys can have a bad trait! And when that bad trait reaches a certain threshold...WHOOP der it is!
I threw my ex GF's kid OUT OF MY HOUSE....I GOT REALLY TIRED of the constant backtalk cursing his Mom out and smokin and having POT IN MY HOME, jeopardizing our adherence to being within the law !! I warned him numerous times, and had let him slide with the warnings and a threat to engage consequences should he continue. HE continued and gave me NO alternative.... so when he left one day for his buddies home to smoke more pot and play video games at age 25, I changed the locks, had an alarm installed, notified the police then sent him a text message telling him he had been TOSSED!! DO- OVERS are for little kids, there are NO DO OVERS in real life...you speed, you get a ticket, you steal you get fined and maybe do time, you sell drugs , you go to jail, you murder someone you are out of the game for life!!! NO DO OVERS in ANY of that. REAL life is NOT about do overs!! sure you can get a break now & then but from what has been said he got his fair share of them and likely then some.
I thought he was a nice guy, but this site has rules for a reason, and if you break them continually the time for DO OVERS or getting a break is OVER! Plain & simple he had reached his threshold and got shown the door....true it is unfortunate, true he was a helpful guy that knew his Mopar ****, but he was also a belligerent name calling drunk that has incited many and interrupted and hijacked many threads that offended quite a few people including a few MODS. Where does it end? When is enough enough? well he found out...and he took himself out by ignoring the numerous warnings and continuing his unacceptable behaviors.... true the results of HIS actions impacts all of us in two ways 1. we will miss his knowledge and sharing. 2. at least ONE of the belligerent name callers is gone.
WE all get pissed off from time to time.....I know I do and I have had it out with a mod or two....BUT I am still here because I did not resort to his level of attacks, no one should! I saw quite a few of his "going off verbal abuse" and thought that most of them were WAY into overkill for some pretty simple and petty stuff. mixed emotions, sorry to see his knowledge lost, but happy to see his hijacking vicious attacks gone too!
Bottom line: the originator has said back in the day there didnt NEED to be rules....most then governed themselves and used the common sense filter that is used in daily life in face to face situations....the internet is NO DIFFERENT, all the rules you learned as a child apply here as well. Feeling that your anonymity gives you the "RIGHT" to act like an idiot, is an internet trend that needs to stop! YOU MUST THINK, If I would not say this loudly in public OR in front of my MOM , then I should not say it here simply to incite others into a drunken senseless brawl!!! pure and simple that is unacceptable behavior from ANYONE!!!
I am not saying to not stick up for yourself, I am saying you can do that without getting belligerent and cursing and trying to belittle folks and calling the MODS assholes <--- seriously stupid move on his part. If you are here and over the age of 18, you are considered a MAN, and as a MAN you need to have your OWN filters on what is or isn't appropriate to say and NOT have to rely on the MODS to be your Mommy and put soap in your mouth!!!

TOO bad he is gone....but hooray at the reducing the unwarranted vicious attacks and downright nasty comments......

NOW for the other guy.....IF he is not punished in some way for breaking the rules, then the message is: RULES are inconsistent, which OPENS the DOOR for people to PUSH the envelope and test themtime & again which is going to make being a MOD, a fricken nightmare!! And says you can get away with it IF you don't get caught and even then nothing might happen..... RULES need to be consistent across the board...not just for the few that are outspoken...

again just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back