What happens when a Chebby guy gets ahold of a Duster

-
Its not that bad change the wheels and get a hood with no louvers and the stupid blue wire wrap and it isn't that bad of a car.
How do you know a chevy guy owns it? Still has a Slanty not a Small Block Chevy

I dunnoo I kinda like it. A'course I wouldn't BUY it, LOL

Eh,.....I'd put a functional scoop on it,(non functional hood louvers are definitatly a Chebby thing),... lose the Walmart wheel cover lookin rims and the green paint,...Not sure about the resessed rear lights,...

Or, leave It as is , Add some tint, some bags, some gold leaf and go pimpin yo...

(non functional hood louvers are definitatly a Chebby thing),.

I have news. Guys have been stamping louvers in things since before you and I were born, and I'm 65. And I don't mean "Chebbys" either.

I have news. Guys have been stamping louvers in things since before you and I were born, and I'm 65. And I don't mean "Chebbys" either.

Thats not news,...At least the louvers on my 73 442 were functional,...I'm just sayin, chebbie louvers,...er lovers,...have a habit of puttin non fuctional crap on there cars for the sake of asthetics,...kinda like them silly wings on the nieghbors ricer car

Eh,.....(non functional hood louvers are definitatly a Chebby thing),...

:bs:

Exactly. The idea for stamping louvers in cars came from airplanes, and took off in the hot rod world after WWII when all the returning pilots started customizing their cars for the salt flats, dry lake beds and the drag strips.

And by the way, they aren't non-functional. The allow hot air to escape from the engine compartment. Which is probably more than the "functional" twin scoops do on the earlier A bodies, since they aren't tall enough to get out of the boundary layer of air flowing over the hood. Which they would need to do if they were going to be useful for anything other than letting hot air out.

I don't see what the big issue is with the car. It's not stock, so what? Not a huge fan of the color or recessed tail lights, but I think the louvers actually look good, same with the black out treatment on the hood. I've seen far more hacked up race cars on this very site...

Attachments

• 00l0l_gUjyhbbPkf_600x450.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 368
  • 01717_d3nxKV1U2Vj_600x450.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 00L0L_jh1alNbSFgp_600x450.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 358
I don't understand the comment either...it is like the comment that folks will not buy the house that for sale because the living room is blue.

One comment I see all the time on thi board is "it is your car, do what you want to it"..

I'd buy it..but change a few details..

I like it. I thought maybe the engine compartment would be black or a GM power plant. But no. It's a neat car. Not everybody's cup of tea though.

Louvres were a rage in the 50- 60's for sure.

I like it, even if it does look a little bit like a nova now . LOL
would not buy it , but I have seen way worse looking cars.

I don't really mind it. It's not too bad. I tend to prefer 100% stock-looking cars, or sometimes customs if done particularly well, but this one isn't as offensive as a lot of them are.

If I somehow oddly ended up with this car, I'd...
Change the wheels, paint the grille like stock, put chrome bumpers on it.
I sort of like the recessed tail lights, not that I would have done it myself.

Other than the color I like it.After seeing 4 or 5 "stock" looking cars my eyes glaze over and they all start looking like clones to me. I like to see some subtle imagination when someone puts a car together.

the only thing I see wrong is the ugly rims the rest is ok,well maybe the blue stuff under the hood

I even like the color, the hood? Not so much, same for the wheels but otherwise it's okay. The tail lights aren't one thing or the other IMO but man have I ever seen WAY worse.

I'm with everybody else on this one if the price was right I would buy it in a heartbeat , lose the rims and the black billboard sides and it's a neat little daily driver slant , I thought for sure the under hood would be black but no so saving it is pretty easy really ,I wonder how much he wants for it .

The car overall is nicely done [except the wheels and the loom] i'm not a fan of louvers in newer cars [but I could live with them] I wouldn't buy it [don't care for dusters] but I have seen worse!!!

-
Back