What have I got myself in to? Denver here we come!!

-
man just went back thru this thread your dart is just beautiful.nice clean lines i wish i had an inkling of your build skills

Thanks for all of the nice comments fellas. I couldn't be happier with how the car has turned out. I don't regret pulling out the 440 one bit. Well, maybe a tiny little bit lol. I drove it to Mopars at the strip this past weekend and she did great. Averaged about 24 mpg on the way out. Not as good I the way home due to cruising at over a 100 lol!! Still pretty decent considering. While I was there I was approached by a gentleman from Mopar Action magazine. He asked if he could shoot the car for the magazine. I decided yea what the hell! Took the car about 10 minutes from the track and be took some great shots. Not sure what issue it will be in yet. I will keep you guys posted on that.

First, let me say I am impressed with this swap. Very nice! I do have a question though. I noticed you are not not running cats and I did not see nor did you mention swaping in the evaporative system. Since you're using a stock PCM, how did you get around this without it throwing codes and or running poorly? Is it able to run without those inputs?

First, let me say I am impressed with this swap. Very nice! I do have a question though. I noticed you are not not running cats and I did not see nor did you mention swaping in the evaporative system. Since you're using a stock PCM, how did you get around this without it throwing codes and or running poorly? Is it able to run without those inputs?
Thanks for the compliment! To answer your questions. I completely removed all of the evap components from the harness. It does have codes for the evap solenoid and the downstream oxygen sensors, I just covered up the cel from the backside so I dont have to look at the light all the time. I plan on getting a tuner so I am able to turn off the monitors. The thing runs like a top and gets really good mileage.

That's good news, I'm getting ready to pull the exhaust one last time to weld in the O2 bungs, but may wait on that until I get the harness put back together. If I haven't said this already, Great job! nice install, that thing looks like it grew there :D

That's good news, I'm getting ready to pull the exhaust one last time to weld in the O2 bungs, but may wait on that until I get the harness put back together. If I haven't said this already, Great job! nice install, that thing looks like it grew there :D
Thank you sir!
Which tuners are capable of turning those functions off?
From what I have read on the interweb it looks like the SCT tuner can do it. Well at least a SCT dealer can.

Here's a cool pic I took while the photographer from Mopar Action was shooting the car! Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• Dart Photo Shoot.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,299
That's a nice shot. It's cool with him in it, but it will also be an awesome shot by itself. It's a different type of setting.

love when the background as no obstruction.
That should make for a nice picture for sure.

Very cool! I'm going to do the same on my 49 Plymouth Business coupe except with a 5 speed manual instead of an auto. Excellent job.

WOW!! Looks great!! I was just thinking the other day about a build like this. Very nice job.

Very cool! I'm going to do the same on my 49 Plymouth Business coupe except with a 5 speed manual instead of an auto. Excellent job.
Sounds like a cool swap!
WOW!! Looks great!! I was just thinking the other day about a build like this. Very nice job.
Thanks a lot!
Anything new?
Well I did get a new hood on the car. Not much else has changed with car lately. I did have to replace the transmission in the car a couple of months back. I lost reverse. From what I can tell, that is a pretty common issue with those transmissons. Other than that, she's goin great! Been driving the wheels off of it.

Attachments

• new dart hood 1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,108
  • new dart hood 2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,075
  • new dart hood 3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,056
  • new dart hood 4.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,041
Looks awesome! Didn't like the challenger style hood?
No I love the challenger styled one! Just get bored and have to change things up every once in a while lol. The challenger hood is in the process of having fiberglass versions of it made.

No I love the challenger styled one! Just get bored and have to change things up every once in a while lol. The challenger hood is in the process of having fiberglass versions of it made.

Lol that works! Make a mold then make some money!

I'll save this thread from being aged out and hopefully get some help with my similar swap.
Some of you may have seen my thread about the 46RE not shifting.
BadAss71 and I have swapped some PM's but thought it could be covered here as well to help some others looking to do the same, so I'll ask in the open forum.
What was necessary for the PCM to control the 01 trans?
From what's on my "no shift" thread it appears that I need the vehicle speed sensor ( differential sensor ) and ABS computer for the PCM to control the shift points.

I've been back thru this thread but I can't find anything specific about the trans or rear end other than when it was stated that it'd have "everything" from the 01 Ram. I'm guessing that everything didn't include the rear end...and if that's the case then I might be closer to getting this thing working than I thought.

I'll save this thread from being aged out and hopefully get some help with my similar swap.
Some of you may have seen my thread about the 46RE not shifting.
BadAss71 and I have swapped some PM's but thought it could be covered here as well to help some others looking to do the same, so I'll ask in the open forum.
What was necessary for the PCM to control the 01 trans?
From what's on my "no shift" thread it appears that I need the vehicle speed sensor ( differential sensor ) and ABS computer for the PCM to control the shift points.

I've been back thru this thread but I can't find anything specific about the trans or rear end other than when it was stated that it'd have "everything" from the 01 Ram. I'm guessing that everything didn't include the rear end...and if that's the case then I might be closer to getting this thing working than I thought.

Not true. I removed all of the anti lock brake wiring from the harness when I removed the air bag wiring and evap crap. The only thing that does not operate is the speedometer because the ECM uses the sped sensor on the rear diff in the truck. My trans shifts just fine and the converter locks up just like it should. I have contemplated getting an axle from a grand Cherokee and cutting down to put in the car. It just isn't a priority. I have been living without an operating speedo now for a long time and it doesn't bother me. If I really want to know how fast I'm going I turn on my speedo app on my iPhone. The abs module has nothing to do with the operation of the transmission. Not like the Nag1 in the Lx cars.

Pretty ironic this thread pops up today. I'm actually sitting on a plane in Phoenix headed for Denver lol.

Not true. I removed all of the anti lock brake wiring from the harness when I removed the air bag wiring and evap crap. The only thing that does not operate is the speedometer because the ECM uses the sped sensor on the rear diff in the truck. My trans shifts just fine and the converter locks up just like it should. I have contemplated getting an axle from a grand Cherokee and cutting down to put in the car. It just isn't a priority. I have been living without an operating speedo now for a long time and it doesn't bother me. If I really want to know how fast I'm going I turn on my speedo app on my iPhone. The abs module has nothing to do with the operation of the transmission. Not like the Nag1 in the Lx cars.

OK, I was able to verify this 100% today. 74TT also has an RE trans ( 44RE to be exact ) and also has no diff speed sensor or ABS computer.
AAANNNDD after tonight, mine shifts as well...BUT I don't really know what I did to fix it. Filter change, solenoid cleaning ( although it was super clean to begin with and new fluid ( but that was clear and red already as well ).
I did go back through all of my wiring and leave the computer unplugged for a couple of days so that could have something to do with it, but I doubt it.

-
Back