What have I got myself in to? Denver here we come!!

-
so cool, im excited to do the swap in mine! did you put the O2s in the h pipe? and did you just buy a 360 oil pan and pickup?

ill take a pic of my ps pump and show the difference.

I actually put the oxygen sensors in the collectors of the headers. One on each side. For the o2 sensors to read properly they need to be mounted as close to where the head pipes merge together. On the oil pan, yep, I just picked up one from summit along with the pick up. I also used the Schumacher mounts for the v8 k frame to 360. Literally a bolt in deal. Only mods I had to make we're grinding some of the casting off of the block so the headers would clear. The magnum blocks have a big piece of casting that slightly interferes with the tti headers.

just saw this thread........had i known that u were coming this way last july, would of gave u a hero's welcome.........unbelievable tranformation of that car, last time i saw it, you won the mopar muscle shootout, and i believe it ran an 11.86 at the strip........few pics to jar your memory bad........and pm me next time your around..........and btw.............didn't know there was so many fabo members here either, we need to have our own meet this summer sometime............
higgs
Thanks for posting the pics Higgs! The car has gone thru quite the transformation lol. Sure doesn't run 11's anymore, but it really is a lot more fun to drive believe it or not. Way more useful now that's for sure. I would love to get a Fabo meetup arranged on Denver. That woud be awesome. Let's try and arrange something on the weekend of Mopars at Thunder Mountain. I am bringing the car for sure.

Wow, totally speechless. Amazing work. :thumblef: And ya about that ^^^ anybody could pull it off. Ya I don't think so. Not me anyway, and I do know how to use a wrench. :D
Thanks man. Seriously tho, it is a serious undertaking, but not impossible. Just got to have some patience lol.
Great thread, congrats! Car looks good.
Thanks man.
Love the chally style hood on the dart!
Now that was a *****! Lol! Thanks for the compliment, that's one of the mods I'm very proud of.

Getting ready to do a swap into a 1979 j10. 1994 jeep grand cherokee 5.2l with an nv4500. Keeping the fuel injection as well. With 3.54 gears hope it will get gas mileage out of it. Sweet work though.

since im using magnum fuel rails, figure ill ask you thats doing the full magnum swap: how are you connecting to the magnum fuel rail? its got some sort of plastic quick connect on it......

since im using magnum fuel rails, figure ill ask you thats doing the full magnum swap: how are you connecting to the magnum fuel rail? its got some sort of plastic quick connect on it......

I used the original fuel line off the ram. You can pick up a quick connect from a couple of different vendors like Earls or Aeroquip. It's just a standard 5/16" quick connect fitting. Same thing gm uses.

Nice job on the swap, looks awesome!

I am considering putting a magnum 5.2 in my 68 Dart convertible, I was wondering what oil pan you used for your swap?

Thanks. Any stock pan from a 318 will work. I bought the pan for the 360 from summit. It was pretty cheap.

DAMMMM!! Nice setup and beautiful car:prayer:! Gave me the inspiration to do an engine and a/c setup like that so i dont have to waste alot of gas and roast my *** off going thru the states in the summer time heading to the Powercruise Event they are having in Minnesota in july next year!.:thumbrig:

Sorry for the long delay in updating the thread. Here are a few pictures of the car. I changed out the wheels a few weeks back. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• Dart Interior.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,548
  • Dart Side Shot.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,541
  • Dart Front SIde.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,508
  • Dart Engine Side.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,504
  • Dart Engine Front.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,519
Beautiful...just beautiful. It all appears like it could be factory installed components. This car is motivation for all who see it. Great job. :prayer:

Looks great. Have fun driving the wheels off of it.

Looks great! Really like how it came together.

Did you have to cut your dash for the new instrument cluster?

Looks great. Have fun driving the wheels off of it.
Thanks man. I will/have been! I've put more miles on it in the past six months than I have since I bought it in 2006! I've actually been using it as my daily driver. I have another 71 swinger in the works that I will start daily driving once its finished.
Looks great! Really like how it came together.

Did you have to cut your dash for the new instrument cluster?
Thank you! I did have to trim the dash frame for the gauge cluster to fit. Although, if the car was a 72 and up there would be minimal trimming to make it fit. The 70/71 darts have a slim gauge cluster vs the 72-76 darts.

Sorry for the long delay in updating the thread. Here are a few pictures of the car. I changed out the wheels a few weeks back. Let me know what you guys think.

i love the looks of those wheels and tires on the car!! are those streeters? what's the wheel/tire size and manufacturer?
higgs

super nice build, i wouldent change a thing, i especially love the smooth challenger door handles, and challenger styled hood. looks like the engine install is factory installed.

great job

Huh. Bears an oddly strange resemblance to another dart we've seen! Lol

Attachments

• image-254978779.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,139
-
Back