What have I got myself in to? Denver here we come!!

-
Officially leaving for Denver at 5 am! Got the car totally finished up and ready to roll. Decided last minute to replace the Hooker Aero chamber mufflers out for some magnaflows. The droan that those hookers created was way too much to handle for a 2000 mile drive lol. Now it's much more manageable. If the weather holds out in denver on Saturday I will be entering the car at the Kbpi radio sponsored car show. I guess there is also a huge car cruise in golden that weekend and I hope to attend that as well. I can't wait to get out of this oven called Phoenix for a few days!

The dart ran like a champ and made it to Denver just fine. Averaged about 22 mpg cruising at 80. Showed up at the car show and was notified by a cop directing traffic that the show had been cancelled due to a flash flood warning. That sucked. At that point we figured, couldn't be a better time to tour the Coors brewery! Got a nice tour and got my three free beers! Now getting ready for lunch and the cruise here in Golden. Such a beautiful day here!

Sweet car man....I like all the personal touches....looks great.

Chandler is nice...came through in Febuary to pick up a 69 Dart Drag car...nice place.

This thread is incredibly inspiring. So i'll take that inspiration and pit it towards an almost identical project. My mother had a 1998 5.9L limited Grand Cherokee that basically she let go to crap. Interior trashed, water leaking, however she did take care of the mechanical half of it. The rear end is junk and it is now just sitting at my house. I was going to just pull the motor and harness, however I think I may try what you did and see if i can get all the a/c to work. Luckily my car is allready a a/c, ps, power disk brake car, so im def going to have to refer back to this thread for some hints and tricks. Over all, AWESOME JOB man!

If your still out in Denver call me and we will shoot your car with a model if you like and post it up here... John(onecatnodog) 720-934-3540

Man that whole car from every little detail is just cool as hell.I would have you build me one you know if i had some extra cash.That paint screams upper class muscle Mopar. well done.

Sweet car man....I like all the personal touches....looks great.

Chandler is nice...came through in Febuary to pick up a 69 Dart Drag car...nice place.
Thank you I appreciate it man.

This thread is incredibly inspiring. So i'll take that inspiration and pit it towards an almost identical project. My mother had a 1998 5.9L limited Grand Cherokee that basically she let go to crap. Interior trashed, water leaking, however she did take care of the mechanical half of it. The rear end is junk and it is now just sitting at my house. I was going to just pull the motor and harness, however I think I may try what you did and see if i can get all the a/c to work. Luckily my car is allready a a/c, ps, power disk brake car, so im def going to have to refer back to this thread for some hints and tricks. Over all, AWESOME JOB man!
I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was a fairly straight forward ordeal and it drives so damn nice. That 360 has enough torque that I could climb damn near every pass in overdrive. Had zero problems mechanically. I do have a vibration in the rear and after getting up to Denver noticed the front bushing on the passenger side leaf spring is wasted, and had some noise from there. Other than that I have zero complaints. I just got home and figured out we averaged 22.8 mpg. Not too bad considering we passed every single car we came across lol. If you have any questions just let me know and I will help to steer you in the right direction.
If your still out in Denver call me and we will shoot your car with a model if you like and post it up here... John(onecatnodog) 720-934-3540
Damn that would have been awesome! Thanks for the invitation! I will definetly give you a call next year when I make the trip again.
Man that whole car from every little detail is just cool as hell.I would have you build me one you know if i had some extra cash.That paint screams upper class muscle Mopar. well done.
Thanks for the kind words man. It was kinda funny. A few of my friends in Denver had never seen the car before and they all said "I can't believe you drove that all the way up here! Aren't you afraid of messing up the paint?" Yea a little bit, but I want to enjoy the car. It's just paint. After the 2000 mile round trip I found only two small chips. One on the passenger A pillar and the other on the lower valance. Not too bad considering.

Definately subscribing, I wanna do this to my dart to.
Can't believe all the Colorado guys on this forum,
Look forward to seeing you all at Mopar at Bandimere, won't be bring the dart yet, but i'll drive my new charger up there (mopar is mopar baby)

Great work Bad !.... Your attention to detail is amazing. One thing though... I gotta see a better shot of that custom duster ? tail light bumper PLEASE !!

Very nice project. Others will follow your lead.
I'm presuming your PS is working fine?
Also, what electric fan setup did you use?
I'm planning a 5.9 carbed setup into a 69 Dart. Maybe I'll even do the AC and IP since you made it look so easy. Have you finished trimming out the dash? I'd love to see pics of the end product.

Sorry guys, just noticed the thread had been bumped up. I will get some updated pics of the finished product put up. The car has been running and driving great! I've put a good 4000 miles on it since doing the swap and love how it runs. I have been using it as my daily driver for the past couple of months because it's so much fun to drive, and gets great gas mileage. It has plenty of get up and go, and the overdrive is so damn nice to have! The a/c has also come in handy for the hot summer. The power steering has been working just as it should, with zero issues, not to mention how much easier it is to park now lol. I will get the car out tomorrow and take some pictures of it. This was such an easy swap that anybody could pull it off, with the proper donor truck. Thanks for the interest!

Very nice project. Others will follow your lead.
I'm presuming your PS is working fine?
Also, what electric fan setup did you use?
I'm planning a 5.9 carbed setup into a 69 Dart. Maybe I'll even do the AC and IP since you made it look so easy. Have you finished trimming out the dash? I'd love to see pics of the end product.

I actually used the same dual fan setup I had on it with the 440. But instead of using them as pushers, they are now on the engine side and pull air. The fans are from BeCool. I've got a Derale fan controller with a built in a/c override circuit, and I'm running a Champion four row radiator. This thing never gets hot. I have a feeling this winter I am going to have to put cardboard in front of it to get some heat in the motor lol. The dash is totally finished up and turned out awesome. I love how it looks at night, you kinda forget you are driving a car from the 70's with how bright the gauges are.

On the trip to Denver and back we averaged 24-26 mpg at 75-80 mph. Around town driving I have been seeing right at 18.

hey BadAss, were you able to use the stock power steering pressure hose from the ram truck?

-edited, realized that the pumps are different between my donor (grand cherokee) and your truck... may have to go grab one off a truck!

Wow that's awesome! I can't wait to see finished pics! A buddy of mine is thinking of swapping his /6 with a 3.9 just for the wow factor in his 65 bacarudi!

hey BadAss, were you able to use the stock power steering pressure hose from the ram truck?

I was actually able to use a factory power steering hose for a 73 dart 318. It hooked right up to the magnum power steering pump. Just like it was meant to be. I've been driving the hell out of this thing! It has turned in to my daily driver now lol.

I was actually able to use a factory power steering hose for a 73 dart 318. It hooked right up to the magnum power steering pump. Just like it was meant to be. I've been driving the hell out of this thing! It has turned in to my daily driver now lol.

so cool, im excited to do the swap in mine! did you put the O2s in the h pipe? and did you just buy a 360 oil pan and pickup?

ill take a pic of my ps pump and show the difference.

just saw this thread........had i known that u were coming this way last july, would of gave u a hero's welcome.........unbelievable tranformation of that car, last time i saw it, you won the mopar muscle shootout, and i believe it ran an 11.86 at the strip........few pics to jar your memory bad........and pm me next time your around..........and btw.............didn't know there was so many fabo members here either, we need to have our own meet this summer sometime............
higgs

Attachments

• cars 2011 120.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,448
  • cars 2011 129.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,387
  • cars 2011 138.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,280
  • cars 2011 142.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,261
Sorry guys, just noticed the thread had been updated. This was such an easy swap that anybody could pull it off, with the proper donor truck. Thanks for the interest!

Wow, totally speechless. Amazing work. :thumblef: And ya about that ^^^ anybody could pull it off. Ya I don't think so. Not me anyway, and I do know how to use a wrench. :D

just saw this thread........had i known that u were coming this way last july, would of gave u a hero's welcome.........unbelievable tranformation of that car, last time i saw it, you won the mopar muscle shootout, and i believe it ran an 11.86 at the strip........few pics to jar your memory bad........and pm me next time your around..........and btw.............didn't know there was so many fabo members here either, we need to have our own meet this summer sometime............
higgs

Love the chally style hood on the dart!

-
Back