what hood is this

-

podunkracing

Reaction score
tryin see what hood this is..its on my car now fixin to sale it just want to see what it is worth

Attachments

• c.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 249
It looks like a stock hood, with scoops added? Hard to really tell with that pic. Is someone elses eyesight better than mine?

agree with above.. factory V21 treatment with factory blackout and the scoops are 69 'cuda pot metals. Quite rare I would presume.

Grant

Also the scoops were not used on the Formula S models, only the 'cuda 340/383/440 models

Yes, it's a V21 hood treatment. I salvaged a 1973 Duster with this set-up.
The part numbers on the scoops are for the 1969 Cuda with that option.
I think it was a componet of the Twister package for 1973.

Just to clarify,

All '69 'cuda packages received those scoops along with the hood stripes, and lower body blackout standard, along with the 'cuda callouts on the lower fenders. These are the first Barracudas to introduce the 'cuda moniker.

No standard Barracuda or Formula S Barracudas received them.

Grant

yes. the 73 340 roller i have listed on here for sale has the v-21 code, but way back, the previous owner said a deer flew up on the hood,grille, and replaced it all. it is quite rare for the 73 to have v 21 and i cant sell the roller with title fender tag for 500.00 lol

i will get better pics but the hood has the factory holes under it to put nuts on to hold them down so they r not just put on so it had to come factory with them

yes. the 73 340 roller i have listed on here for sale has the v-21 code, but way back, the previous owner said a deer flew up on the hood,grille, and replaced it all. it is quite rare for the 73 to have v 21 and i cant sell the roller with title fender tag for 500.00 lol
Wow man;you have two very rare commodities here-one ,and probably the most rare,a flying deer,two a v 21 code worth 500.Don't get upset,the car is worth more,but the deer-that would be worth a gazillion!

lol, well, you know what i meant. no, actually you may not.

TISS WAS ONE HOT WINTER DAY, FOG WAS OUT, LIKE NO OTHER DROUGHT. DRIVING BEHIND A RICED OUT HONDA CIVIC, A 1980 RIDE AT THAT. ALL THE OWNER SAW WAS SOMETHING THAT LOOKED TO HAVE JUMPED OVER THE CIVIC IN FRONT OF HIM. WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAACK!. OUT OF THE SKY, FALLS THIS BIG TURD, A PLAIN, NO, WAIT IT IS A EXPLODED DEER!

so, yes, if you want to say it was flying, it was. landed on the hood!

and they lived happily ever after. lmao :bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:

-
Back