What intake to use please

-
There is a little lack of information I’d like to know.

Will the car see a double duty life?

X heads ported with what valves flow what type of numbers?

Who’s cam and series w/Cam duration numbers, advertised / .050.

Rocker ratio.

Car weight, tire size.

Considering you said street brawling, on the surface, between the two intakes, I’d also use the single plane. The Victor needs to be port matched & have some work done to it. Perhaps @pittsburghracer might have a picture of a worked on ported Victor? This would be a big help in finding power.

What do you have for a carburetor?

While people have laid down some good numbers with a RPM, for your description and hopefully a light car weight, I don’t think this is the intake for the job. It is a very good intake, just not for this position if I’m reading into this right.

View attachment 1715501317 It’s a 408 stroker near .565 lift cam X heads and a 4:10 rear gear with a 727 reverse manual valve body and a 3800 stall converter.

should I use a victor intake or an rpm air gap?

There is a little lack of information I’d like to know.

Will the car see a double duty life?

X heads ported with what valves flow what type of numbers?

Who’s cam and series w/Cam duration numbers, advertised / .050.

Rocker ratio.

Car weight, tire size.

Considering you said street brawling, on the surface, between the two intakes, I’d also use the single plane. The Victor needs to be port matched & have some work done to it. Perhaps @pittsburghracer might have a picture of a worked on ported Victor? This would be a big help in finding power.

What do you have for a carburetor?

While people have laid down some good numbers with a RPM, for your description and hopefully a light car weight, I don’t think this is the intake for the job. It is a very good intake, just not for this position if I’m reading into this right.

Ohhh sure you want more free info. Lol. I used to charge 150.00 to do an intake. I may have one sitting around.

Ohhh sure you want more free info. Lol. I used to charge 150.00 to do an intake. I may have one sitting around.
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I’ll send you my Victor. Better you than me porting this thing. I’m sure I’ll not get it right. Better than OOTB? Probably.... Better than what you’ll do, yeaaaa, LOL! Not so much! I have an idea of direction and that’s about it. I put some machinist die on the port windows and have since been distracted with other good stuff due to the weather break and the all so awesome (Well, not really- sarcasm coming!)

The honey do list... ahhhh, spring is in the air....

Thank you

Damn John, 150 bucks???? I’m sending you all my junk. I used to START at 600 bucks and it went up if the welder needed to come out, or it was just a royal PITA like an Indy intake for the -1 heads...those were 1k before any welding.

You work too cheap.

180FE1D3-A5EA-4D91-9FF8-49B6F6B6B432.jpeg
6227248E-56FB-4CA7-B45A-224B20329405.jpeg
77C95B70-7846-4B3B-9595-34F75AD3246C.jpeg
310215E7-3E81-42F0-9AA2-5258BEEE8B9A.jpeg
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I’ll send you my Victor. Better you than me porting this thing. I’m sure I’ll not get it right. Better than OOTB? Probably.... Better than what you’ll do, yeaaaa, LOL! Not so much! I have an idea of direction and that’s about it. I put some machinist die on the port windows and have since been distracted with other good stuff due to the weather break and the all so awesome (Well, not really- sarcasm coming!)

The honey do list... ahhhh, spring is in the air....

Thank you

This is the only Victor340 I have handy right now. I did this one for my son over 10 years ago and it’s gone 6.54 several times with a stock crank 360@3200 pounds sitting race ready. As you can see it’s nothing fancy. Port matched and the top is radiused. I dimple my stuff to help gasket seal. I do more work to them now but gain probably very little in time spent. I thin and radius the dividers (I’m not a fan of knife-edging). Air likes navigating nicely rounded objects.

Oh wow! Thanks! Licking quick service! LOL
Thanks. That should help out a few people.

I noticed, if true, I’ll check against my stock one later, you did ‘t raise the roof of the port in the plenum.

Oh wow! Thanks! Licking quick service! LOL
Thanks. That should help out a few people.

I noticed, if true, I’ll check against my stock one later, you did ‘t raise the roof of the port in the plenum.

Not on that intake. There is a very short distance on a Victor340 from the carb flange to the runner entrance. I only radiused probably an inch into the entrance. When you look at the runner exit you will see that is where it needs raised. A Super Victor is higher and needs a lot more plenum work.

View attachment 1715502925 View attachment 1715502926 View attachment 1715502927 View attachment 1715502928

This is the only Victor340 I have handy right now. I did this one for my son over 10 years ago and it’s gone 6.54 several times with a stock crank 360@3200 pounds sitting race ready. As you can see it’s nothing fancy. Port matched and the top is radiused. I dimple my stuff to help gasket seal. I do more work to them now but gain probably very little in time spent. I thin and radius the dividers (I’m not a fan of knife-edging). Air likes navigating nicely rounded objects.

I don’t like a sharp edge on the dividers either, but if you can’t get enough taper in the runner you really have no choice.

When I flow tested my intakes that had to be knife edged, I never saw a flow loss on the bench and never found any distribution issues either.

I don’t like a sharp edge on the dividers either, but if you can’t get enough taper in the runner you really have no choice.

When I flow tested my intakes that had to be knife edged, I never saw a flow loss on the bench and never found any distribution issues either.

One thought that always entered my mind was it it was a good idea jets and airplanes would have sharp edges.

One thought that always entered my mind was it it was a good idea jets and airplanes would have sharp edges.

True. It becomes the lesser of two evils at that point. When you get the cross section and taper you need in the runner, if the radius isn’t there, it is what it is.

-
Back