what is the widest rim u can get on the rear of a 63 dart

-
My 65 has the springs moved into the frame rails using RMS relocating kit and minitubbed to the rails. I run 15x10 rims with 28 12.5 M&H racemasters.

I used to have a 63 Valiant which had an eighth and a quarter rear end under it with 7 inch wide cop car wheels with 8 inch slicks that fit under it, but I had to roll the wheel lip in with a baseball bat.

IMG_0686.JPG
Widest rim that will fit with no issues
I have 7" wide with 4" backspace on my 66 Dart. 225/70-15's with no trimming or rubbing. I think 8 wide would fit but wheel lip trimming or rolling is necessary.

8" wheel will fit but you have to use off set shackles and mounts, my 66 with 8" wheels no cutting at all.
001.jpg

Love that look Dartman. Those early A's do look fine with fatties on the back. Ehat ofset did you use and what shackle/mount kit also?
Mike i used the MP off set kit and it worked out to 3/4'' right on the money, The back space was 47/8" for the life of me i can't remember the off set. Sucks to get old........Ed.

View attachment 1715049813
I have 7" wide with 4" backspace on my 66 Dart. 225/70-15's with no trimming or rubbing. I think 8 wide would fit but wheel lip trimming or rolling is necessary.
Hey Mike, I'm thinking about putting 15x7 sbp Cragars on the back of the new D/Dart. It seems your rims are neutral offset (centered in rim barrel). How much more tire could you stick under it? On the other D/Dart, I had problems with the leaf spring clamp on the pasender side. Those were 15x6's with a neutral offset and 28.0/9.0 15 - M/T ET Drags. I have SS springs on it so it clears the sidewall. So more tire?

-
Back