What is this car worth?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously if that car has a 340 in it and it looks like some money was spent why doesnt it have an 8 3/4 rear end in it? lots of under coating could be hiding some things. Body looks straight fron the pics. Be aware of cheeze thick fenders/quarters, check the block 340?/ heads (Js would be good Xs would be better).

I hate it when they screw up the tailstripe!
Other than that check real good for covered up rust.
What is the asking price?

Later,
Bruce B.

I have not seen the car in person as i am in New Orleans and the car is in Orlando. He wants 9K and is pretty damn firm. I am not sure that he knows much about the car. Seems to just have picked it up. Will ask him some more questions and get back.
Will the rear end need to be updated to handle the horse power?

i would really go over that car carefully, all that fresh undercoating and fresh paint worries me. has no marker lights, the rear stripe is all screwed up. not anywhere close to where it should be, the long shackles so the cheesy exhaust clears the springs and the wiring looks to be a disaster waiting to happen and only a 7 1/4 rear. in my personal opinion it looks like something that was thrown together to sell. i also think anyone that would pay 9K for that car is nuts. keep looking. there are unmolested originals out there cheaper then that.

First let me say.....someone did a piss poor job at under coating it.....I can see rust coming through the under coating already, weather stripping in the trunk looks junk, none of the body lines look like they line up,hood looks slightly tweaked,trunk lid/bumper look slightly tweaked,hard telling by pictures but i think I see a slight wave or two in the body like there is some bondo in there,interior door panels look wavey, the guy obviously has no personally attachment/pride in the car because the carpets look like someone put there muddy feet on them......this is not even mentioning the other things these guys have mentioned were problem areas.

I would NOT spend 9K on it...that for dang sure!.

ever heard of the term perfume on a pig? well thats what I am going to say this is.

looks like was earlier mention, like someone hurried up and did a quick spiffing up/cover up job to get a quick sale.

just a month or so ago I watch here on fabo ground up restored duster sell for $8,000.00 I think it was and it was spotless!.

Do NOT settle for this car.....I can garuntee you that you will find better for that kind of money or for less.....I would say you could find something comparable to that dart for around $5,000.00 easy enough.

pass on it and keep looking,keep your eyes here on fabo and I am sure you will find a much better deal in no time at all!

Thanks a lot for all of your help! I will pass on it now. You guys just confirmed my concerns. Generally speaking the car looks pretty damn good from the pics. But close up and some knowledge maybe not so good. Disappointed but less than if i would have bought the car. Still looking for a Dart!

Thanks a lot for all of your help! I will pass on it now. You guys just confirmed my concerns. Generally speaking the car looks pretty damn good from the pics. But close up and some knowledge maybe not so good. Disappointed but less than if i would have bought the car. Still looking for a Dart!

Trust me...you will find nicer and if you have cash than you will find it fast.

Mopars are getting harder to come by but if its an a-body you are looking for than you sure are in the right place!.

I suggest swinging over to the classifieds section here on fabo and see if there are any up for sale right now.

I also suggest posting a want ad in our classifieds section and I am sure you will get a few people contacting you that may have what you need.

if all else fails....scrounge craigslist and ebay.

you can get alot more car for the same money if not alot less money!

Thanks. yeh i like the scamp to. I pretty much watch ebay and craigslist. Probably to much. Will keep looking though and cant wait to find the right car.

I just have to laugh at some peoples ads..the Yellow dart refers to it as a ss clone,what exactely makes it a ss clone the 440 he stuck in it?..takes a lot more then that to make it,seem like the real thing,starting with a hemi might help though..

Everybody is right about it....a thrown together car.

Other things that I spotted....

Trunk light switch painted over...how much effort does it take to remove it?

Black trunk...was is it hiding?

No blackout paint on rad support. Hell they used black paint everywhere else.

No pass. door armrest..how easy are they to get?

No weathersripping on the top front of the 1/4 panels on both sides. Can't remember the correct name for them.

No A/C in engine compartment

NO SHROUD

Etc, etc,etc.

$9,000 for that car?......hell no. It's an A/C car with no A/C, no armrests, hood scoop going into nothing, wimpy rear end (complete with extended leaf spring brackets) extra-crispy metal coming out from under that undercoating, flat blacked grille/taillights, and that interior may be fairly nice but nothing to write home about.....I mean, for his price (column automatic/bench seat). That car has "I wanna turn a quick buck" written all over it. I was guessing it was priced around $4200~$5700, unless he's got some serious money in that motor, which I doubt.

I just have to laugh at some peoples ads..the Yellow dart refers to it as a ss clone,what exactely makes it a ss clone the 440 he stuck in it?..takes a lot more then that to make it,seem like the real thing,starting with a hemi might help though..

lol.. i agree. that yellow one is no better then the orange one in the original posters post.

Travis, as all ready mentioned, there are better cars out there. So, I am taking it that you want (for the most part) a finished, running vehicle. Although traditioally more expensive, have you thought of building one? Just thinking about the satisfaction of building one excately the way you want it. Perhaps, you can find a good solid car that has recently been painted with a color you like and then build off of that. Either way, good luck.

yeh i pretty much need a finished car. I have no garage to put it in to work on it. I could find a shop to have the work done but that gets expensive quick. Some things could be done but a mostly finished car is what i am looking for. however, if i found a nice car that only needed paint or something like that i would consider.

The fender tag if it's the correct one says powder blue with tail stripe,vinyl top ,318.I really doubt they swapped in a 340.A strong running 318 will fool ya (I fell for it once) A few things that stick out is the rear has the trim pieces on the trunk and bumperettes Those pieces are missing on the front which tells me it was probably in a front end collision and those pieces were sourced from a lower optioned car .Could be problematic .Mostly I notice how many things are left unfinished/missing .To me that says a seller who just wants to dump a problem and get as much for it as possible.
At the right price it (may) be a decent car if it has no real issues but $9K no way in My book.Good luck in your search whatever you decide .Have patience there are some good deals out there it's all about timing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back