What is this

-

whynot225

72 dart more door /6 4bbl....72 swinger 318ci
Reaction score
20170402_091223.jpg
what is this do and called ?

I recall seeing a similar-looking device in a recent post, also asking "what's this". I recall that was a later car ~1975+ so may not apply. I also don't recall the answer. I think 1972 was too early for the seat-belt ignition interlock relay (under seat anyway I think). Your hot-water diverter valve near there should be vacuum-operated. The horn relay looks similar, but usually on the driver's side. Might have to do with the heated choke system.

I recall seeing a similar-looking device in a recent post, also asking "what's this". I recall that was a later car ~1975+ so may not apply. I also don't recall the answer. I think 1972 was too early for the seat-belt ignition interlock relay (under seat anyway I think). Your hot-water diverter valve near there should be vacuum-operated. The horn relay looks similar, but usually on the driver's side. Might have to do with the heated choke system.
I've got the holes that thing left behind I wonder what it was too

Horn Regulator buzzer? WTH is that on the schematic...?
5793250-72DartA (1).JPG
5793243-72DartB (1).JPG

Emissions device. In 71 they were on certain combination N95 coded California emission cars. Don't know if that changed to all cars in 72.

That had other devices included depending on trans and motor.

Emissions device. In 71 they were on certain combination N95 coded California emission cars. Don't know if that changed to all cars in 72.

That had other devices included depending on trans and motor.
Thanks again all We don't need no stinking emission devices

-
Back