What is your fav ride from the 80s ?

-
X 2 but I knew a few women in the 80's

homer_simpson.jpg

x2 cliff

but my buddy bought a 91 lx mustang - ordered with no ops and the 5.0 HO with 3.9 gearing 5 speed f@#@k that thing worked - I ran it several times with my express but always 2 car lenghts behind

I don't have any pictures. But I also had a 85 Shelby Charger. Black with Silver. Still one of my favorite cars of all time. Chicks dug it. Wish I still had it. And believe it of not would take most 5.0 mustangs around in our little drag strip. That car would run 85 in 3rd gear. Never forget the time I laid black marks in front of my high school from one end of the parking lot to the other which was about a 200ft stretch. Tthose marks lasted in the lot for over a year. Good times and alot of memories. Also forgot I lost my virginity in that car no wonder it was my favorite. Alot of room in the back when you lay the rear seat down. LOL

my brother has an 81 turbo T/A - boy ive always been a lover of these 2nd gen GM's - i'd like to own a nice 81 z28 air induction 4spd camaro

ps- my express beat um by 1.5 car lentghs

Merkur xr4ti. '84-89.
I had an 86.. .030 with TRWs. Balanced and blueprinted. Ported head, roller cam, Maf conversion, T-5 swap, T-3/T-4 turbo.
The car was a rocket. Unbelievable road car. Pulled like a freight train WAYYY past legal limits. It was my favorite non-Mopars I have ever owned.
Currently looking for another to build.

My favorite car I had in the 80's was this:

70GTX1.jpg

My second would be my 64 Nova wagon

Now this will tell my age but, A 1981 Dodge 2.2 Charger,it was red with black stripe kit with a 5 speed.this was the first brand new car me and the Mrs bought, don't have the car any more but still have the Mrs.

1.) 1988 Isuzu I-mark RS- Lotus tuned suspension, Turbo 1.8
2.) GMC Syclone/Typhoon
3.) Buick Grand National
4.) 1987 Dodge D-150/Ramcharger

That GTX is bad ***.

The best 80's car I owned was a 1987 Mustang LX with T tops all black with tan interior. I thought it was out of my system when I sold it in the 90,s but I ended up partnering on another that we are taking to the track to beat on this weekend see picture below.

I always like the Grand National I was working at a gas station in 86 and there was a guy that lived down the street. He would drive by and light up the tires hitting boost all the time at about 20mph going across the intersection in front of the station. Kind of cool to a 17 year old kid like me at the time. But the car was not my style then. Now I would love to own an original in good shape.

Attachments

• 91 Mustang 008 (Small).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 244
My favorite car from the 80's was my buddies 69 roadrunner with a built 440 six -pac in it and a propane kit in the trunk with spark plugs in the exhaust to shoot flames out the tail pipes, I know it's not from the 80's but it was my favorite car IN the 80's---On top of it the car was plum crazy and the guys still has it but won't sell it!!!!!!!!

The gn is the only thing that comes to mind. I have never owned an 80's car or truck. Had a 79 malibu that was a fun car that's as close to an 80's model that I can come up with. Wait I take that back my parents gave me an 86 accord that I had for about 6 months. It was a turd and I have almost forgotten I had it. That is until I started thinking about it because of this thread.

I don't recall too many nice cars built in the 80's. I loved my Toyota trucks. This was my 89 4runner. I also had an '84 pickup that had over 300k miles with no problems at all. It still had the original clutch when I sold it.

Attachments

• Nov11$01.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 221
My '86 Shelby GLHS.

I embarrassed many a BMW, Mustang, Camaro, etc. owner with it on various road courses up & down the east coast, not to mention a 300c on a 150+ mph top end run on my way to deliver it to the new owner :D.

img0060kw.jpg

-
Back