What is your fav ride from the 80s ?

-
My '86 Shelby GLHS.

I embarrassed many a BMW, Mustang, Camaro, etc. owner with it on various road courses up & down the east coast, not to mention a 300c on a 150+ mph top end run on my way to deliver it to the new owner :D.

img0060kw.jpg

I have always wanted one of those little "pocket rockets" as Carroll Shelby called them.

My favorite '80's cars that I owned:

'87 Golf Wolfsburg Edition, it was gutsy, handled well, and comfortable. It was safe too, I sold it to a friend who hit a stopped car at 50+ mph, when I saw the wreckage it looked like someone would have died but my friend only had a bruised foot.

'87 Crown Vic, former highway patrol car, had really nice blue Maaco repaint, 351 drank gas slow off the line but the seats and driving position were so comfortable and it cruised so smooth and steered quick. Hit an oncoming car who made a left in front of me, totaled him, pushed him into another car, I only had busted headlight trim. Still miss that car.

My favorite '80's cars that I owned:

'87 Golf Wolfsburg Edition, it was gutsy, handled well, and comfortable. It was safe too, I sold it to a friend who hit a stopped car at 50+ mph, when I saw the wreckage it looked like someone would have died but my friend only had a bruised foot.

Good call I forgot about my Golf GTI Mk2. Fun little car that handled well.

My favorite 80's vehicle is the "Near-Beer" of the Dodge Truck family.

1st Gen (1979 - 1986) Dodge D50/Ram 50, My first truck was a Power-Ram 50 4x4 and i still have it. Got it from my dad, he had used it as a Daily Driver/Plow Truck/Work Truck, and so did I. I literally ran it into the ground at 270,000 miles and then swapped the original 2.6L Gas engine for a 2.5L Intercooled Turbo Diesel.

DieselArticles004.jpg

SANY0144.jpg

Big difference in stance and ground clearance, isn't it? :D

I had a red 87 shadow ES turbo 5 spd w/ the mopar performance computer (which I pulled out after I wreaked it & its still in my attic somewhere) I love that OMNI Mr Ed

1980 to 83 Dodge Mirada

Attachments

• mopp_0204_04+small_block_showdown+1981_dodge_mirada_CMX.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 229
My 89 Shelby Dakota... because it is just different enough. Bought it new in July of 89 and still own it. Just had it painted last fall and it is once again my daily driver.

Attachments

• Shelby front.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 230
Fiero GT, had a few of them over the years, handles like it's on rails.

Attachments

• 8a46caeb.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 202
I like the first generation Toyota MR2. I was working at a dealership and drove many of them. The supercharged ones were pretty wicked.

I loved my 81 z28 with steep rear gears and a 4spd. Had a lot of fun with it until I went sideways over railroad tracks. needed a ton of frame straightening afterwards and was never the same car.My favouite car to drive in the 80's was my 74 dart sport 440

my 84 Buick Grand National. Got the car as a shell and dropped in a 327 with a 5 speed manual trans with hydraulic clutch and tuned port fuel injection. Car was originally a non inter cooled turbo six DOG.....Car ended up going to Belgium via Ebay

DSC01524lg.gif

DSC01530lg.gif

this is what it looked like when I got it

DSC00525lg.gif

I like the dodge ramchargers, mirada CMX, and the GN's I would love to have a real GN

Hit it boys....[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj9OEmUr0F8"]In The 80's Song - Rhett & Link - YouTube[/ame]

In the 80'es I drove a 70 Barracuda for 8 years then moved to a 73 Challenger
My favorite model automobile built in the 80'es I have and have owned a couple is a 1985 Ramcharger witch I own now :glasses7:
My favorite automobile built in the 80'es would be the 1984 Jeep cj8 scrambler

Attachments

• 129_1105_09_o+129_1105_jeep_the_first_70_years+1984_cj8_scrambler_sr.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Got to to what ya gata 015.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 193
Although I love my mopars this was my favorite 80's car. Always wanted one but never bought one. Came close about 1990 when I found one on the used car lot and took it out for a test drive the salesman would never forget. I think that was the last time he encouraged someone to "see what it would do"

This is probably one of the only cars i would want from the 80's, another one would be a 86 Mazda RX7 GTU, probably The RX7 to have.

I cant think of a Mopar i would want from the 80's, maybe a Lancer or Lebaron GTS, although a mid 80's 5th Ave with a 340 would make a great sleeper. The only 80's car i owned was a 88 Cutlass Calais, Quad 4, neat little hot rod.

Hey, you guys forgot one.....the 20th anniversary turbo T/A with the Grand National motor.

ATurboTA1989.jpg

I also liked the Fox-body mustangs. The '82's were cool because they were sort of the first of the "muscle car comeback" cars, even though they only had a 2-barrel carb that year. They looked clean and it was a good solid effort.

gt-2.jpg

Then a couple others I liked were the T-type Regals (because I got tired of seeing black GNs) and the IROC Z convertibles. Everybody gets sick of certain cars, but I think IROCs are cheap now and will make a comeback.

19902-3.jpg

And then.....there's the car I'll always worship.....

Ferrari-F40-3.JPG

-
Back