What it's worth?

-
It looks nice but at the end of the day it's a 318 column auto, for most the A/C doesn't add to the value. If your just looking for a nice cruiser you can probably find a cool C body or even a B body with a BB for under 15k. Or if your looking for a cool looking A body might as well go to the upper teens and pick up a real dart/demon/duster 340 car. Anyway I would guess it's a 10k car, that someone will eventually stick a 340/360 engine in.

Man, it DOES look like a nice car. And the scoops, the bumble bee stripe were also dealer add ons?? Never seen that.....still cool!

Man, it DOES look like a nice car. And the scoops, the bumble bee stripe were also dealer add ons?? Never seen that.....still cool!

Ha Ha. No the seller put on the scoops and the stripe. Also the steering wheel and the rally's. I think it needs a Tough Wheel and a set of Cragars myself. lol

Mike, It looks like a really nice car to me...Love the B5 interior & exterior. At 15K you're ALL in with value I think--Would the seller take $12K :scratch:

Does it need anything or is it pretty much perfect ?? Does your wife like this one :)

Mike, It looks like a really nice car to me...Love the B5 interior & exterior. At 15K you're ALL in with value I think--Would the seller take $12K :scratch:

Does it need anything or is it pretty much perfect ?? Does your wife like this one :)

Funny you mention that C. I showed her a slide show of the car and she said "pretty color" and
"it has power steering and air too?" It needs a couple mufflers and he pointed out the passengers door panel edge needs to be tucked and glued. The weatherstrips look new as does the chrome and bumpers which are all original.

Both of you should go back to the seller's place & look it over again when the weather is better. Have her drive it & see if she likes it too....I'd be tempted if it's as nice as you say with 30K original miles :thumbup:

Seller must have a little room to barter.....Can you trade some tools or a toolbox to make it happen & still keep it within your price range?

Sleep on it some more LOL :sleepy5:

Both of you should go back to the seller's place & look it over again when the weather is better. Have her drive it & see if she likes it too....I'd be tempted if it's as nice as you say with 30K original miles :thumbup:

Seller must have a little room to barter.....Can you trade some tools or a toolbox to make it happen & still keep it within your price range?

Sleep on it some more LOL :sleepy5:

Good idea! I talked to him a bit about price and he didn't want to budge. He knows the market and has built Mopars including this one. He knows what you can do for $15k. He will have that in paint and body work in his 340 notchback convertible he's building as we speak. I think that's why he's holding at 15k. He needs that much to get the vert out of the body shop. LOL

I think I need to talk to Mike tomorrow! lol

Funny you mention that C. I showed her a slide show of the car and she said "pretty color" and
"it has power steering and air too?" It needs a couple mufflers and he pointed out the passengers door panel edge needs to be tucked and glued. The weatherstrips look new as does the chrome and bumpers which are all original.

For $15,000 dollars, a 318 car should need NOTHING done to it. That's top dollar, perfect car category. The thing I would consider is, what could you get for it if you HAD to sell it somewhere down the road. You're looking at paying the premium price because it is in nice condition, but it is still just a 318 car in the end. IMHO, I'd keep looking for a decent 340 car for that money. I'd pay that for it if it had a 340 engine in it, a set of 3.91 gears, and a Sure-Grip. Good Luck with your search.

No offense to anyone here, but $15KI for a 318 car is nuts. A 340 car in that shape "might" get that at this point in time, but the market for these cars was never that strong, and is falling again. No pedigree, no performance stuff other than what he might have added - it's worth at best $7-8K. Cost of having work done has no bearing on sales price when the resulting vehicle will not be worth the expense - and this one wouldn't ever be.

Mike - the car's nice but it's not your problem his other car needs all that work. There's no way he's sold another 318 Swinger for that kind of money - old projects or not. If it's worth $15Gs to you for enjoyment - go for it but if it were me I'd be dropping $8K on the hood in 20s and let him stew on it.

All good points folks. The practical side of me says the price tag is crazy.. The Mopar car lover side of me likes the car because it's in such good shape and all the hard stuff for me to do is already done.

has he actively tried to sell it to date? Or does he just have you on his line.

15K is very premium for a non premium car. 10-12K tops, IF it needed nothing.

Let him sweat a little, then see if he changes his mind.

You'd have to be 110% in love with it, to pay that asking price, because once you do, you'll likely never get that out of it later on.

All good points folks. The practical side of me says the price tag is crazy.. The Mopar car lover side of me likes the car because it's in such good shape and all the hard stuff for me to do is already done.
A/c is a big hand full to have to add on, and so is every part on that car that is not wore out, All the up grades that is already there seems to me :color:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what any of us think its worth, if you like it enough to pay 50K for it, then that's what its worth to YOU. But I can promise you if you don't buy it, it will NEVER sell anywhere over 10K and that figure would most likely take a LOOOOONG time to get.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what any of us think its worth, if you like it enough to pay 50K for it, then that's what its worth to YOU. But I can promise you if you don't buy it, it will NEVER sell anywhere over 10K and that figure would most likely take a LOOOOONG time to get.

That may be true! I appreciate everyone's honesty. I realize there are cars like this around for sale. Probably better cars, worth more in the long run that cost less to buy. There's always going to be a better deal out there somewhere. Some of you that responded may have bought your cars for say $5-10K or less and saying that's all they are worth is diminishing the value of your own property. If the higher prices on the nicer cars continues to rise, those cars will be worth a lot more down the road. I searched the net for a couple weeks and found 70 Swingers ranging form a few thousand to 25 or better depending on what they had under the hood and their condition. This car I feel is at the top of the price range for it's condition and what it is and because of that I didn't pay that price. I don't think I necessarily got a "good "deal but I got a very nice car for the money I had to spend. If I keep it for 10 years like I did my 66 and slowly improve it while enjoying it, I will probably get most of my money back or even make a few bucks.

:cheers::cheers::cheers: I am so happy !! :cheers::cheers::cheers: You did get it for sure ??

:cheers::cheers::cheers: I am so happy !! :cheers::cheers::cheers: You did get it for sure ??

We looked it over together real good, drove it, agreed on a price, (less than his "firm" original asking) and shook hands to seal the deal. I will pick it up probably Wednesday of next week. I would like to pick it up Tuesday because that's the cars Birthday, 45 years ago. I was built on a Tuesday and July 14th is Tuesday. That also happens to be the last day of production for 1970. Gee I'm having fun with this one!

Here's a outside photo or two.

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 029.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 034.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 88
Did I mention the original steering wheel goes with it. (a Dart rim blow)

You forgot that detail.......Nice!! Beautiful car & I wouldn't be able to sleep until Wednesday to pick it up 8)

That Dart is B E A U T I F U L....BIG Congrats on the purchase :thumbup:

-
Back