What kind of seats are these?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I bought these at a swap meet for $140.00. Is that average price, or good?

Are these from a late 70's A-Body? The one seat it nearly mint, if you can get over the color.

Would seat covers fine for these? or ultimately just get new skins for them?
I'd be happy with plain black, how much are those?

As far as installing these on a '73 Duster. Is it just a matter of re-drilling 2 holes, or all four?

Sorry for all the questions. Interior is a whole new ball game to me!

Thanks much!!

seats1.jpg

seats2.jpg

I figured maybe I'd stick with these original seats covers because they have stripes, and everyone knows stripes make your car go faster! :p

The 70's were odd! Cool in a way though...

I'd say that you got a good deal! Check Legendary for new covers.
C

Are Hang Ten seats kind of rare? Maybe I should just try to sell these as is, and look for ones that are already black?

Would a cover something like these fit, even though it doesn't match the lines of the "Hang Ten" Seat?

a5_1.JPG

Thats not a bad idea... hmm...

What would I ask for these though?

I just went to Legendary upholstery, and these Hang Ten covers are $509.00 alone.

The 75-76 a bodys had a diffrent track alos on one side so they wouldnt be a direct bolt in for a 74 down.

Any other ideas of what you would do with these seats?

re-upholster them? Sell them to someone who might need Hang Ten seats, and buy different ones?

Would a cover something like these fit, even though it doesn't match the lines of the "Hang Ten" Seat?

That cover wouldn't work on those seats, the seats you have don't have a hard plastic cover on the back, the seat/cover you posted does have the cover, the material wouldn't cover the rear of your seat. They are also a little wider at the top, you would need seat cover for the year seat you have or have something custom made.

-
Back