What kinda power should I expect?

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
My car is basically complete with a few minor details left. What kind of HP should I be looking at on this combo?

360 bore .030
H116CP piston in the block .025
SB cast heads (596) ported and angled large valve job 2.02 and bowl cleaned.
Comp cam 507 lift, 244 dur.
.028 head gasket
Ported intake air gap
750 holley vac secondary
stock rockers
Summit headers
3" exhaust going to dyno maxx mufflers, side exit in front of rear tires.
electric Fan
mech fuel pump
high vol oil pump and mildot oil pan
3500 stall, 727 mrvb
4:10 gears 28" tire

Depending on the machining and heads I'd belooking around 400, maybe a little more.

I'd use a 4150 DP Holley instead....and if it didnt put 350+hp/375hp to the tires on 91 octane...I would be upset.

I'd use a 4150 DP Holley instead....and if it didnt put 350+hp/375hp to the tires on 91 octane...I would be upset.

My holley is already purchased sorry. That would be great to see 375rwph but that would be 450ish at the fly wheel which seems like a stretch right?

all depends on the dyno.I use 18% loss for an auto, 15% for a manual trans. But there are settings on the dyno that make some "happier" than others. If you really want to know what it's doing, use the dyno to achieve the highest numbers you can, thne take it to the track and run/weigh it. Use those numbers to see what it's really doing. Dynos are only tools.

all depends on the dyno.I use 18% loss for an auto, 15% for a manual trans. But there are settings on the dyno that make some "happier" than others. If you really want to know what it's doing, use the dyno to achieve the highest numbers you can, thne take it to the track and run/weigh it. Use those numbers to see what it's really doing. Dynos are only tools.

I understand it's just used as a tool and that's why I ask approx what numbers I should expect to see?

My estimate was weighted more to my recommendation, with your setup.
350 rwhp would take 420-430ish hp at the crank, and without a mechanical fan attached to the accessory drive, and the fact that you have headers, and 2.02's, I estimated high, because a 4150 750 Double Pumper is a very capable carb especially at your mod level....a 3310 VS 750 is going to be holding you back...Maybe 320rwhp if you can tune it in.

:farao:
Good luck.

My estimate was weighted more to my recommendation, with your setup.
350 rwhp would take 420-430ish hp at the crank, and without a mechanical fan attached to the accessory drive, and the fact that you have headers, and 2.02's, I estimated high, because a 4150 750 Double Pumper is a very capable carb especially at your mod level....a 3310 VS 750 is going to be holding you back...Maybe 320rwhp if you can tune it in.

:farao:
Good luck.

Did you factor in my ported heads and intake?

What kind of power to expect. Mustang whoopin,Camaro crushing,pure mopar muscle.lol

Unless you have flow bench data....anything would be a guess...

Correct.. but Your guesses would be better and more educated than mine. I'm going to dyno tune it and if it puts out 270 rwhp then I know I should expect more correct? It's basically bench racing... just for fun I guess. It's not like you built the motor and I'm holding it over your head.. I just wanted an educated guess on hp. I'm sure someone has a 360 similar to mine.

Thats all right. Level of porting known?

If you had numbers, inputting them into a dyno program can give a good est. on how things may be pumped out at the flywheel. While dyno sim's are OK, a grain of salt must be taken with them and acurate descriptions of what compnents are used must be entered in.

I understand it's just used as a tool and that's why I ask approx what numbers I should expect to see?

My point was that each dyno is different. Indeed over the course of 5 days the same dyno may be different. But, if you have one dyno that reads 200hp, and you tune to 230, and another that reads 300 and you can tune to 350, it doesnt matter. You made progress. The way to know for sure, without the usual dyno magic, is to find out how much the car weighs, and how fast it accelerates to for 1/4 mile. Then you KNOW. Rather than believing the dyno sheet as gospel. I'm not trying to be an Ahole...lol. I'm trying to save your emotions. Most peolpe think the car should make more power than a dyno shows. Sometimes it's just the dyno...
So for my guess, somewhere around 300-320hp at the tire. A little less I wouldnt worry about. A ton more I would want to see track times for it.

-
Back