What leaf springs to buy

-

LImopar

Reaction score
I have been looking around at new rear leafs for my dart. My options are the following:
$320 for mopar perf XHD
$280 plus shipping for Espo 6 leaf 1" over stock
$220 with no shipping for a pair of 6 leaf from a seller on ebay called springking.
$480 plus shipping from Eaton Springs in Ohio
$280 with no shipping from another guy on Ebay who states they are american made HD 6 leaf springs.

My question is has anyone one used or heard of the springking seller on ebay. He states that the leafs are made in Nebraska with high grade american steel. The only thing is they are listed as 3" lift.

How do the Espos and Mopar Performance XHD hold up?.

Right now the Eatons seem too pricey for me.

Lastly I called JC Whitney and they told me they do not sell springs for my 1970 dart.

Any help or input is greatly appreciated.

i have the espo +1 on jamies 69 dart. no problems and great customer service. what about jc whitney? have heard good things about those.

The Espo springs are good. A few years ago I had them make me a custom set for a Dart. Don't think they do re-arch or custom anymore, but their springs are good quality.

bought mine from jc whitney...they came from JR springs in flint michigan...

and got free shipping...but that was 3 yrs ago...they are still looking good.

I just installed the 3" lift springs from Springking on a 64 Barracuda. They actually lift three inches. Quite stiff, six leaves....
Haven't driven it as the car is still apart but they seem well made. They were shipped quickly. I am pleased with the Ebay deal..

I tried a pair of the 2" lift 5 leaf springs from ESPO and they settled down to just a a hair over stock height in about a year or so. My experience with ESPO has been fantastic otherwise. Put the stock Espo five leafs on my convertible and another on a 64 Barracuda. I also used a pair of five leafs from JC Whitney that were shipped from JR Spring that were inexpensive and are workiing well.

The espo's are quality pieces i had a set on my previous duster,the stance was very nice,i have the mopar xhd on my current duster and they perform very well also...

I have the ESPO +1 springs and they ride great, but settled quickly to stock height or less within a year with little to no driving.

on my 69 i have the stock hieght 6 leaf espos. i put them on in '01. at the same time my brother bought the same set for his 68 barracuda. i cant tell you what stock hieght is as i wasnt around when these cars were new, but my car hasnt settled and neither has his. for reference, on my 69 dart, the top of the 15" rims is 1" below the wheel well opening and it has been that way since i installed them. i have been looking for new springs for the new 74 duster and have been shocked by the prices. going by my 69, if thats stock hieght i wouldnt want any lift at all.

i have espo standard height on my car

DART.jpg

I just installed the 3" hd springs from the seller on ebay last month, Nice quality but they did ship me the wrong u bolts but I have not called them on it,Springs shipped quickly . I have photo's but I cant seem to figure out how to attach them

-
Back