What leafs do you guys use?

-
I said I've heard lots of bad things about the KYB, and nothing but good things about the QA1. The KYB are cheap. The QA1 are not, in comparison. That should say something to you. I haven't used KYB myself, so my experience is hearsay only. I have the 12 way single adjustable QA1s and love them. The front are at 6 clicks from full soft, and the rear at 2 clicks from full soft. The car was a piece of crap before the shocks.

:cheers:
So we're thinking these would be best for my '71 Dart GT in a street application?
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/maaexhedules1.html
I want it to sit up in the back, so some lift from these would be fine.

I have those for my dart. Haven't finished the project yet because i'm still stripping theentire car down for paint. but I did alot of research and those springs are supoosed to raise it up in the rear and also provide great traction. good luck on your project. post pics when you're done installing them and i'm sure people will appreciate it!!

also, mancini racing was the cheapest place that I found to get the springs as well. although shipping is rediculous, it comes out cheaper than anywhere else.

Thanks, fred.
Just ordered them now as a self-bought early Christmas gift.
I'll take some before, during and after photos and post them when I get them installed.

Has anyone tried these Hotchkis leaf springs yet? I'm tempted to buy a set of them; my '73 sags in back.

(As for ESPO, I've found them an excellent vendor, but they don't list leaf springs on their website. You have to call them and discuss your specific application; there are too many variants for them to list.)

those are the ones I bought for my duster but I didnt know thats what cam on 340 cars back in the day. Anybody else notice that the passenger side sits about a good inch or two higher than the driver side. Also that the the passenger wheel sits about an inch farther forward than the driver side. I didnt know it would be that drastic. Called Mancini racing to see it it would make my car dogtrack or unevenly wear the tires ect....they told met they were fine and as long as my pinion angle was 5-7 degrees down I was good. :read2: sure seems like alot of difference.

those are the ones I bought for my duster but I didnt know thats what cam on 340 cars back in the day. Anybody else notice that the passenger side sits about a good inch or two higher than the driver side. Also that the the passenger wheel sits about an inch farther forward than the driver side. I didnt know it would be that drastic. Called Mancini racing to see it it would make my car dogtrack or unevenly wear the tires ect....they told met they were fine and as long as my pinion angle was 5-7 degrees down I was good. :read2: sure seems like alot of difference.

yah. i don't know alot, but I don't think the wheel should be sitting further forward on the driverside.

The Passenger side is supposed to sit higher though. thats how they were new from the factory also. It helps alot with traction. they're called bias springs.
There is alot of engineering and stuff that goes into why those work like that. and i'm not sure exactly why, but they are definitely supposed to provide better traction.

yah. i don't know alot, but I don't think the wheel should be sitting further forward on the driverside.

The Passenger side is supposed to sit higher though. thats how they were new from the factory also. It helps alot with traction. they're called bias springs.
There is alot of engineering and stuff that goes into why those work like that. and i'm not sure exactly why, but they are definitely supposed to provide better traction.

The passenger side is set up like that for power transfer. Most power is applied to the passenger side, therefore the stiffer spring to plant the power. Similar concept to a traction bar, I know how they work just didn't think they would ever do that to a car from the factory.

The passenger side is set up like that for power transfer. Most power is applied to the passenger side, therefore the stiffer spring to plant the power. Similar concept to a traction bar, I know how they work just didn't think they would ever do that to a car from the factory.
thats the word I was looking for power transfer. ya you know what you're talking about. i'm just a young guy who knows how to research n the internet and in books. lol. and from what i've read yah they came on cars with 340's. hopefully you get any problems that you might have with your springs fixed though. i don't think the wheels should sit further forward on either side

I'm a young gun myself. I have a few old chrysler shop manuals will have to see if they say anything about it...not that I dont believe you...I just want to know more about how the factory set theirs up.

I don't think one wheel should sit farther ahead of another either, mancini said there supposed to do that but I find it hard to believe....

Heres my '70 duster with Mopar xhd springs..

DSCF0204.jpg

I got the 02/03 S/S springs for my Dart. I was thinking about geting the XHD springs but saw that the S/S's were only $40 more and a better spring so I got them instead.

Dart2.jpg

Dart1.jpg

I'm running the XHD leafs on My Dart with the KYB's, no complaints .
Some people really freak about how high the rear sits.Just be aware of that .
In my particular experience the car looked goofy for about a week or two .
After that the suspension settled in and looks good IMO.It has a very slight rake from front to back with the front suspension set at stock ride height.
Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

This is how it sits now with it's original leafs from 1971.
I'm looking to give it some rake with the new springs.
For those of you who've installed them, did you POR-15 'em and then paint over that before installing them? Or some other method/technique?
Suggestions are welcome.

vbpgimage.jpg

Just installed them then spray painted them semi-gloss black...by the way NICE dart..

-
Back