what lifters do you recommend for this cam

-
Whichever brand you decide to run, make sure you get the heavy duty lifter that has the flat snap ring that holds the lifter plunger in, instead of the stupid little wire clip. Other than that, just go with a good quality brand.

RRR, do you know off hand what lifters by brand name he should search for?

thanks for the tip about the snap ring style lifters. has anyone run the howards lifters? and do they have a snap ring?

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/slp-ht-2011/overview/make/chrysler
The snap ring isn't a big deal for the cam you have..If your looking to penny pinch then these lifters will serve you well. Just make sure you have the correct valve spring tension for the cam your using.

saving a few dollars is nice for sure, but really just want a quality lifter i wont regret buying. the springs im useing were set up to be run with the comp extreme xe284H that had a valve lift of .507/.510 they have a bout 500 easy street miles on them so im hoping the seat pressures are pretty close, ill have them checked to make sure.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-882-16/overview/make/dodge

these look like they have the snap ring ....

hughes has them also...

So, if this engine is to be run on the street, these wouldn't be the ones to run. Wise is he who looks at the description and recommended usage of the part before purchasing.

Whichever brand you decide to run, make sure you get the heavy duty lifter that has the flat snap ring that holds the lifter plunger in, instead of the stupid little wire clip. Other than that, just go with a good quality brand.

While the snap ring is a good idea, many of these lifters are short travel lifters, like the Comp 867-16, and as such require adjustable rocker arms because the recommended lifter preload is .000-.010".

If you do not have an adjustable valve train it would be best to purchase a stock type lifter and just make sure you break in the cam properly. I've used these several times with good results.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-ht2011/overview/

IQ52 i have the adjustable comp pro magnum roller rockers that i will be running, and yes this is really just a mild street, occasional strip 340 that im putting together. this engle cam has a mild duration so i dont believe i will need the variable rate lifters that some manufactures make, i just want a durable lifter that will handle being reved to 5500-6000. that cams powerband is over at 5500 so no real need to rev it any higher.

IMHO this is more than a mild street cam. I suggest Rhoads lifters. It will be a little easier to handle on the low end, and more vacuum, with full lift and duration available from 3500 rpm on.

Maybe I'm just old school, but I've never been a fan of "Rhodes" style lifters. I understand they can be a bandaid of sorts in a moderately cammed engine, but i prefer just choosing a cam that fits the intended use and living with it.

IMHO this is more than a mild street cam. I suggest Rhoads lifters. It will be a little easier to handle on the low end, and more vacuum, with full lift and duration available from 3500 rpm on.

Agreed,this is a sweet camshaft. Perfectly a good set up for Rhoads lifters.
The breakdown, to such a product. The are feisty, to adjust. The two benefits: smooth the cam,until 2500-3000 .Number two: with a decent valve train setup,they beat the 60 dollar lifters. I have run these on similar cam lobes(Crower 31916,Google it...).No loss anywhere. If is a fussy buggar on initial adjustment.

What makes you think your going to see full lift and duration from 3500 on with these leaky lifters?

I have used the Lunati Micro-Trol lifters on two different 340 engine builds. They are good lifters to use with a performance hydraulic cam.

Maybe I'm just old school, but I've never been a fan of "Rhodes" style lifters. I understand they can be a bandaid of sorts in a moderately cammed engine, but i prefer just choosing a cam that fits the intended use and living with it.

i kinda agree with you on this ive messed with the rhodes on a buddys 360 wasnt overly impressed and they are a pain to get adjusted properly. also i have no problem tuning for low vacuum.

im not really sure this is a wild camshaft its only a 272 duration which isnt much more than a stock 340 cam and its powerband is from 1500-5500, why would i want to start to achieve full lift halfway thru its power band? this cam shouldnt have much trouble making vacuum when installed correctly.

Ok....I think I understand. Lets see if I do. You're saying that with stock non adjustable rockers, the stock type lifters with the small round wire retainer is ok, because lifter preload will be too much to pop the wire out, right? If so, that makes sense, if not, I got it wrong. lol

So, if this engine is to be run on the street, these wouldn't be the ones to run. Wise is he who looks at the description and recommended usage of the part before purchasing.

While the snap ring is a good idea, many of these lifters are short travel lifters, like the Comp 867-16, and as such require adjustable rocker arms because the recommended lifter preload is .000-.010".

If you do not have an adjustable valve train it would be best to purchase a stock type lifter and just make sure you break in the cam properly. I've used these several times with good results.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-ht2011/overview/

Ok....I think I understand. Lets see if I do. You're saying that with stock non adjustable rockers, the stock type lifters with the small round wire retainer is ok, because lifter preload will be too much to pop the wire out, right? If so, that makes sense, if not, I got it wrong. lol

Yep, right again!

Dragstrip E.T'S Wile E.Coyote. Was worth a tenth ,on a mid 12 second car.Get a grip.
LOL... yeah right. Sounds like more of a mismatched combination than anything. Back to back dyno testing has shown them to bleed down at even high RPM.. My grip just got real tight...

-
Back