What Mopar Option Burns a Memory in Your Brain the Most?

What option do you remember the most

• 426 Hemi

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Pushbutton Automatic

Votes: 40 13.9%
  • Six Pack Intake

Votes: 30 10.5%
  • Green Exterior Paint

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Fender mounted turn signals

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • The Slant six engine

Votes: 23 8.0%
  • 4-doors

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Pistol Grip Shifter

Votes: 66 23.0%
  • Road Runner pkg

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • Rear facing seat in the station wagon

Votes: 19 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
You always hear about people saying "I remember that" or "my grandma or buddy had that on their car" I have a few I remember, many people that grew up with these cars remember how it stuck out back in the day too. I created a poll with 10 choices to choose from, I know not all are here but 10 is a wide range. Let us know what you remember :glasses7:

Hey, it worked this time!!! LOL, I guess I was taking too long the first attempt to create the thread/poll, thanks!

Long before I knew what a hemi was a friend of my dad had a wagon with the rear facing seat and I thought it was just the coolest thing ever! Mind you once I grew up it was a Hemi for sure!! Damn this is hard as I also love the pistol grip shifter like the one that was in my 73 Challenger!!

I chose the fender mounted turn signals, my dads 1966 Cuda has them and I always remember them from when I was a litle kid. My parents also had a 79 Chrysler LeBaron and it had them too.

The slant six is a common one too, everybody remembers them!

Attachments

• DSC03310.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,001
Dang! This is tough.

Other memories come rushing in while trying to decide:
The Max Wedge Engines.
Triple spinner hubcaps on the 1964 Sport Fury.
The overhead console on the Challengers.
The dual snorkel hood scoop.
The Shaker hood scoop.
The Air Grabber option.
The Hemi billboards on the Cuda.

Arrrgh.

Dang! This is tough.

Other memories come rushing in while trying to decide:
The Max Wedge Engines.
Triple spinner hubcaps on the 1964 Sport Fury.
The overhead console on the Challengers.
The dual snorkel hood scoop.
The Shaker hood scoop.
The Air Grabber option.
The Hemi billboards on the Cuda.

Arrrgh.

Funny, the Max Wedge, Shaker, loud stripes, and Air Grabber were others I wanted but could do only 10.

I my self remember watching mom reach over and push the bbuttons to make our old wagon go in gear, I always thought that was the coolest thing I ever seen:blob::cheers:
So that is what got my vote..... I think MoPar was the only one to do this :toothy9:

Pntiac had a tri power set up and a shaker hood, just named different :sign7:

And I remember jamming my thumb on a fender mounted turn signal getting in a hurry
washing my 73 Challenger :D

45 record player in a 59 Newport.

I my self remember watching mom reach over and push the bbuttons to make our old wagon go in gear, I always thought that was the coolest thing I ever seen:blob::cheers:
So that is what got my vote..... I think MoPar was the only one to do this :toothy9:

Nope, several others did as well...most recently Edsel in 1958, in the middle of the steering wheel of all places

Attachments

• Edsel.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 921
for me it has to be either the pistol grip or the slant six

the pistol grip screams muscle car and only Mopar is famous for it.

of all the six cylinder engines available from Detriot at the time ...it plain to see the slant six was special. it was unique durable and actually had some good power compared to the competition ....i have yet been able to kill a slanty .....even when neglected .WOW thats a tough engine

the HEMI is over rated ....and over priced ...and watered down with this new wave of HEMI powered pimp cars and plastic junk

Ha Ha ! First of all my Mopar memories was when I was 6 years old . My neighbors wife pulled into their driveway with a bright pink Duster ! Burned my retinas for days !

That was hard to pick..went with the pistol grip, out of the big three Ma Mopar sure did have the most unique ideas to sell cars.

The reverse-curved rear window glass on '67-'75 Darts/Valiants is what always stuck with me.

for me it's the Air Grabber :D first time i saw one in action i just about urinated myself
when i was a young fellow my cous came home from the army with a 440 roadrunner and when she hit the switch and that air grabber came up i almost creamed right there in the seat.

when i was a young fellow my cous came home from the army with a 440 roadrunner and when she hit the switch and that air grabber came up i almost creamed right there in the seat.

Yeah this commercial of the limelight 70 road runner with the "air grabber" working around 1.19 or 1.20 into video is awesome and always one of my favorites

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5GPVh_7wDI"]70 Plymouth Roadrunner Commercial 2 - YouTube[/ame]

I'm with Memike, the pushbutton selector. Yes some other makes had it at different times but Mopar did it the most...often when I mention owning an old Plymouth or Dodge, people will ask, 'did it have the pushbutton tranmission?'

1956 New Yorker clock in the middle of the steering wheel

Panther pink

Curious Yella

Pistol grips

Airgrabbers

58 Fury 318 2 4 bbls

1969 1/2 A12 cars

Cross ram engines

SS cars

Mod Tops

Gator Tops

-