What oil pan for 413 73 duster?

-

73 Duster_forever 73

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have searched a lot and cannot find out which oil pan I need to clearance my k member. It’s a 73 413 going into a 73 duster. Could really use y’all’s knowledge here.

Thank you

Any BBM pan for an A body will work, they show up in the "For Sale" some times. Just be sure you get the correct pickup tube.

Any BBM pan for an A body will work, they show up in the "For Sale" some times. Just be sure you get the correct pickup tube.
I cant seem to find any online. It’s probably me not being able to find it. Can you send a link for one if possible. Please and thank you. Is there any aftermarket one that will fit? Like any rear sump pan?

Oil Pan - 6 quart - 67-69 Big Block A Body Factory Repro Pan-440 Source

We now offer an exact reproduction of the Chysler 2863892 oil pan that came on original big block 1967-69 A body cars. It even includes the original "893" number stamped into it. Because it's an exact reproduction of the factory pan, you can be sure it will be an exact fit. Pan depth is about 4 1/2". We recommend using our 111-1007 oil pickup, available on our oil pickups page. This pan is supplied in a in a very nice black finish, can be installed as-is or painted engine color if desired.

Oil Pickup Tube 3/8" - Curved - 4 -1/2" Depth-440 Source

Shown here is our new stock replacement type curved type oil pickup. Uses 3/8" NPT engine block thread size. Use these with most factory style passenger car oil pans that have internal baffles welded in them, as the curve in the tube is engineered to allow the pickup to avoid hitting the baffle. Once installed, these measure about 4 1/2" from the pan rail to the bottom of the pickup. The distance from the rear of the pickup to the rear of the engine block (also once installed) is about 10 3/8". These "factory type" pickups can be run directly touching the bottom of the oil pan, however we have also run them with 1/4-3/8 of clearance between the pan and pickup without any problems. Depending on the specific combination of oil pan, gasket(s) (and windage tray, if applicable) you are using, some modifications to this pickup, such as slightly bending the tube to set proper pan to pickup clearance, may sometimes be necessary. This pickup tube fits factory Chrysler "971" and "402" pans, among other applications.

Mancini, Jegs, Summit they show listings. The Mopar pan is PN 893.

I believe Milidon makes a low profile one that fits, but probably exspensive.

Or can use a# 187 pan off of most big block C barges.( fury, New Yorker, polara, just to name a few. I have one with the tube but can't decide which pan to use yet.

187 or 699 pans will work. I have a baffle template for these pans if anyone needs it. Print it to fit an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper, then glue it to the sheet metal and trim.

Attachments

• baffle Model (1).pdf
    21.9 KB · Views: 49
ANY passenger car pan should work with '73-up steering link. I've got a mid-late 60s B-body baffled pan in my Barracuda with '73 steering link.

I test fitted a bunch of pans when I built my Duster. Only a few fit. The production tolerances all vary enough that you don't really know until you try it.

DSC_3198 (Large).JPG

-
Back