What PARTS did Hurst and Chrysler put in the Super Stock Barracuda & Dart not in other factory cars

-
I know this is a old post but my car, automatic had a 8 3/4 in it. Swapped to a dana and I still have the original housing from the car. I could measure it if anyone wants the info.

I know this is a old post but my car, automatic had a 8 3/4 in it. Swapped to a dana and I still have the original housing from the car. I could measure it if anyone wants the info.
Yes please do. thanks

I'm in Michigan and it will be a minute or 2 before I can dig it out of the shed but when I do I'll post in on here for you.

did someone mention "No warranty" sticker? I had an original SS aluminum water pump housing and it had a little 3" square reservoir on top, was that stock?

2nd owner in the 70's when I bought it. It was original minus the drivers door glass, a set of Cragars, 10 inch slicks and I didn't get the glass packs. It still had the original battery and steel plate under it. Nothing was modified even had the original camshaft.

The reason I put the dana in it I broke a tooth off the 8 3/4.

Maybe it has been covered before, if so I just had not found it.
What torsion bars were in the original SS cars when they were assembled? Light slant six bars for drag racing or the thicker 383 bars or something else?

Maybe it has been covered before, if so I just had not found it.
What torsion bars were in the original SS cars when they were assembled? Light slant six bars for drag racing or the thicker 383 bars or something else?

/6 bars

A lot of the SS 8 3/4 rears broke. Tom Myl said his broke first time out testing and they put a Dana in it.

May have missed it , but they had A100 seats too. Read where some had old porche seats for a while -----

The Porsche seats were on the mule car only. Mopar had planned on using them but technically they weren't "American production" so they couldn't be used.

Just found this thread... interesting fact: the 376 fan and clutch were also recommended in the Mopar Slant Six racing manual.

Can't remember if I ever changed them but 4 1/2 bolt circle for sure and with 10 inch drums.

Correct but only 1 3/4 wide
I just got a few pictures of these cars being build at Hurst. From a guy that worked on these cars. He has a lot more that I am trying to get. Hopefully I can get the rest of them. I will post the pictures that no one has ever seen before.

You're right, of course. Don't know what I was thinking. But it still hadn't been mentioned. Then again, EVERY single time I take my 69 340 Barracuda to a show or cruise night, somebody tells me their uncle used to have one, but his had a hemi.
I get the same thing with my '65 Barracuda. "Yeah, OK Pops...you remember your kids names?"

Correct but only 1 3/4 wide

that would mean one off drums…

hmmm, the front large bolt disk were first used on the 66 Trans Am cars.

Well, if the fronts were large bolt on the Trans Am cars, they must have done something to the rears.

I don’t see any parts references to rear drums in Bob Tarozzi notebooks… well so far.

I have his 66 Trans Am binder too.

@ns1rm21

The Porsche seats were on the mule car only. Mopar had planned on using them but technically they weren't "American production" so they couldn't be used.

I remember reading the same thing but I came across this.
3D011E82-5D65-4276-881C-04E84AB54412.jpeg

-
Back