What Products are Needed in the A-body world?

-

ardentindustries

Reaction score
Hey all,
I started a similar thread on Moparts. I am currently building drag cars full time, and enjoy it most of the time. While it is not as glorious as I always thought, it pays the bills and I'm my own boss. I have recently given serious thought to starting a product line. I am a die hard drag racer, but grew up in a "Mopar Only" household, so I know a bit about them as well.
Im trying to come up with ideas of things to market. Anything that is not currently available? Anything that would make a current product better? I want to start a round tubular K-member for the A-bodies, but it will take quite a bit of R&D time(why I have the "WTB" thread looking for a roller).
If there are any other ideas anyone can think of, I am all ears. I'd love to have a few(or more) products to cater to the Mopar world. Any and all input is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Kyle Curley
www.curleysracecars.com
[email protected]

A dang register to replace the swinging doors on the vent boxes. Something that can open and close like the vent on the lid of a charcoal grille. A screen to catch debris is a must.
Got sheetmetal ? Good luck

Headlight rings for the early A-bodies....

Rally dash frame and bezel , and also sharktooth grill would be my desires.

While there wouldn't be a big demand, my next project is a class 2 trailer hitch.
C

Ball joint bushing.

Instead of a person having to buy big ball joint control arms, how about making a bushing that will go inside the control arm to take up the slack when using later model disk spindles and small ball joints. I would like a set because I’m not ready to do a full out build on my front end, but I want disks as soon as possible.
Is it safe? Does it already exist?

Affordable headers that perform well, fit without cutting and don't scrape on the ground. Something to compete with TTi for less.

15" x 7" wheels with a 4 1/2" back space or 15" x 8" with a 5 1/2" backspace. Factory 15" x 7" wheels usually have a 4 1/4" backspace. Wheel and tire choices are limited for A bodies, especially Darts/Scamps/Early A without mini tub or spring relocation.

Complete floor shift steering column conversion kits?

How about an affordable new A body 8 3/4 rear housing with choice of where to install the spring perches?

Rear disk brake kits that use Chrysler parts?

Repro bulkhead connectors?

Fabricated sumped gas tanks?

Complete 'just want a little more power from my 318 on a budget' kits?

:-D

I know it's a one year only thing, headlight bezels for 66 Darts.

Ball joint bushing.

Instead of a person having to buy big ball joint control arms, how about making a bushing that will go inside the control arm to take up the slack when using later model disk spindles and small ball joints. I would like a set because I’m not ready to do a full out build on my front end, but I want disks as soon as possible.
Yes these already exist,I remember Crackedback showing pics of a kit.I can,t remember who carrys them.:tard:

Ball joint bushing.

These are already available.
afcb_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-72-Mopar...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a15b1c6e0

Yes these already exist,I remember Crackedback showing pics of a kit.I can,t remember who carrys them.

You posted as I was looking for the actual picture and eBay auction. I guess great minds thing alike, LOL.

I may be wrong, but I think he leaning to more of the chassis parts?

Well, reproducing parts is fine, but be perpared to deal with licence issues, from chrysler, as there known for going after the little guy using there name, etc. A friend of mine got shut down just for making and marketing mopar videos, and chrysler's lawyers were not happy about it!

I want safety latches on the early bucket seat back too. Looking at making a pair of those for myself.

Tubular k that bolts in and uses the stock control arms and torsion bars would be cool. To save weight and look better.

As mentioned, I would need to start with chassis components/fabrication type work. I know there's a demand for sheetmetal(Ive been stuck looking forever as well), but the time and money involved in presses, and tooling dies is WAY above my level just yet. I do appreciate all the input thought guys! I think I will start with front suspension components, a good fitting roll cage kits, frame connectors(possibly with driveline loop mounts), etc.
It was mentioned that a new transmission crossmember may be desireable...as the stock sheetmetal unit is not the strongest. What's everyone's opinion on this? Thanks!
Kyle

Pssssst, Kyle ... welcome aboard! I think you're fitting in really well around here.

And while you're thinking of getting into chassis components, maybe I can get a little red-painted toenail in the door and help make them gorgeous too. :-D

Kyle:

How about a little rundown on your shop capacity so we know what to send your way?

Tube bending? sizes?

Plasma or laser cutting? Capacity - X/Y & thickness?

Brake work? Length / thickness?

I had a look at your site, but did not see anything of that nature. The fabrication pics look great by the way.

B.

Don't forget about the guys that like to turn corners, too! That seems to be an emerging build with the A bodies. I'm just beginning to set up my Duster for turning corners, so I don't know what all I personally need, but chassis stiffening items would probably be appreciated. I see you are already thinking about frame connectors and tubular K frame.

-
Back