WHAT REAR END WILL SWAP IN MY 1965 DODGE DART

-
What size wheels/tires?

Hell... That was a long time ago... mid 70's.... I don't recall those details... but here is a picture of my ride back then... Sorry⚓

_20170725_171847.JPG

AWSOME I would buy it now way kewl mine dropped right in out of a 70 dart a body fits
i

An 8.8 from a 2000 model year Explorer or similar can be found with 3.55 posi, and disc brakes standard. This rear will fit a 65 Dart with moved spring perches and newer Mustang (2005 on up) wheels. I have moved the springs in on my 65, have 255x45x18 tires on polished five spoke Mustang rims, same rims on the front but smaller tires to clear the wheel well lip. The drive shaft has to be made, and the stub and bolts from the old explorer driveshaft should be grabbed, you will need them. Also one sidfe of the brake lines will work for both on the Mopar. The pinion will be offset, but it is not a problem as long as the rear is in line, and the pinion angle is correct. Be sure and check the rear for wear, pull the cover, and an axle to see if there is wear where the seals run. Same on the pinion. Pay more for a premium unit, it cost me a lot to fix what was wrong with mine.
Better yet, bite the bullet and get new axles, have it narrowed, and put in C clip eliminaters. Then you can pick the wheels you want to run. I used a Wilwood brake kit for the front to get the 4.5 bolt circle as well as disc brakes. A small 7/8 master cylinder will work well because the small cylinder gives a lot of leverage for non power brakes. Pedal travel is a bit more; there is no free lunch! But I am happy with my system.

-
Back