What shocks to run?

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I was running up the back roads yesterday and cars were way too slow, so I passed four in a row. Needless to say, I was really moving by the time i passed the last one. I hit a low spot and the whole body was swaying up and down like I was riding a boat. I know we have had this discussion before, but what are the best shocks for the money? You all know I have a ton of time and money in this Dart, so less money is better, but not a sticking point. I want a good quality shock. What about the adjustable shocks?

I like bilstein Shocks. Pricey but well worth it.

yep the gas-a-just is a nice shock, i have some cheapo gabriel's from vatozone (like $14 each) with a lifetime warranty and they work fine for our a-bodies because they're so light! Although, mine is street driven 100% of the time right now....

I vote for the Bilstein's too. They are pricey. I have Monroe Gas-matics on the Demon and Delco Pleasuride (gas) on the Dart. Both are good for street cars IMHO.

either the bilsteins, or QA1 12 way adjustable, which I like because they are rebuildable. I have QA1's on all 4 corners, i love them.

I use the Ranchos 5000 all around my Dart and they are a nice firm ride.A nice Gas- oil 9 way rebound with 14mm shaft with dust boots.

Just replaced my standard gabriel shocks with a set of bilsteins, and have now been out for a first test-drive.

Some say these are pricey, but compared with OEM replacements for newer cars, it's no big deal, and considering the iprovement, worth every cent!

I have allso replaced the old worn out steering box with a firm feel stage II PS box, and together with the bushing replacement (stock), Hotchkis strut-rods, and stiffer torsion bars installed last season, it all came together in a way that left me grinning as i sat there behind the wheel! :D

The only handling issue left now is the old bucket seats.
The hard, allmost polished old vinyl combined with positively negative side support means I have to brace my self against the transmission tunnel, door etc. to stop my self topling headlong over the shifter console or out thorught the driver side window! :)

Bilsteins. Worth every penny. FABO members get a discount through P-S-T...

-
Back