What should i change to get into high 11's?

-
My motor doesn't have a Edelbrock carb I have a 750cfm speed demon vacuum secondaries. So I for sure am going to have my 3.91 pumpkin gone through and put in for service and I am going to either go with a ptc or dynamic converter. I also am going to have my heads taken off and put on a flow bench to see if they are worth using or selling and getting a different set of heads instead. I think once I get that far I will then have flow numbers available to match to a custom ground hydraulic roller to complete my combo. So much to do!

Id sell you a my converter its a FTI 9.5 inch and its rated 3400-3600 . It has 50 miles on it and about 6 passes on it. Paid 685 shipped and Id do 500 shipped. You can google FTI they are awesome

My motor doesn't have a Edelbrock carb I have a 750cfm speed demon vacuum secondaries. So I for sure am going to have my 3.91 pumpkin gone through and put in for service and I am going to either go with a ptc or dynamic converter. I also am going to have my heads taken off and put on a flow bench to see if they are worth using or selling and getting a different set of heads instead. I think once I get that far I will then have flow numbers available to match to a custom ground hydraulic roller to complete my combo. So much to do!

Your combo does not sound like its 'serious' enough to start flowing heads. While head flow numbers are good information, they won't do you any good at this point. Let's say you've taken the thing apart and paid to have them flowed. What do you do then? Are you willing to spend the coin to buy a higher level part and have them ported to your desired level? You're probably looking at a pretty big chunk 'o change for that. Do you have the skill to do it yourself? Gotta figure if you're asking these types of questions, that's not likely. No offense, just saying, I could be wrong. Are you keeping the short block the same? You have these great heads but the rest of the combo can't support them. Now you're into a complete build... see how it goes? Roller valvetrain, intake to match and on and on...

Like mentioned above, concentrate on the overall package rather than just the 'go fast' parts that will drain a lot of your budget. Unless you build the chassis to handle an expected power level, you are pissing in the wind.

Again, start with frame connectors, shocks, gears, converter, etc. and see where you are at. Your 60 ft times are not good, there has to be a couple tenths right there before you even start looking at the engine. Most of the chassis stuff is fairly inexpensive (as opposed to a set of trick heads and a custom roller cam). I'd bet that if you got the chassis working consistently, put a set of gears in and got a good converter the car would be closer to your goal than you realize.

Also, learn how to tune the car where you can see positive results - things like ignition timing, carb jetting, launch rpm, tire pressure, shift points etc. There's a lot to sort out before you start throwing parts at the car.

I wouldn't know what you've done to this point tuning wise so if you have been tweaking it already, let us know where you're at.

The only real benefit to flowing a head is to see if the porting actually made a gain compared to before. It may provide you with an estimated HP potential, but, that's usually a pie in the ski unless tuned to the nines.

Get the front end LOOSE, clamp the crap out of your rear spring front segments, loosen the rear clamps and connect the rails. A good converter would help a lot.

Most of all, have fun...

Thanks for all the advice. Chassis, gears, and converter are a lot cheaper than cam, heads, and all the associated stuff that's goes along with it. It does sound like a nice converter would be my biggest improvement for the money and then followed by working on the suspension to handle the hard launch. Time to start saving my pennies!

-
Back